Sunday, July 11, 2010

What A Week [or two] Plus Embroidery

It's been a busy couple of weeks here in Allie-land.  My oldest, John, turned 18 on the 30th....

PICT0166 154566852225

That's him, second on the left.  I'm between him and his brother, Sam.  Lots of running around to get John legally licensed, I won't bore you with the details.  You can thank me later.  Let's just say I hate paperwork and redundant government offices.

Turns out Sam has scoliosis, so we've been to the dr.  Not too fond of them either.  We're signing up tomorrow at the YMCA, we'll see if swimming and regular exercise will help - surgery is not an option.  We'll be getting a full set of x-rays after August 1st to see how bad it is.  I'm looking forward to the therapeutic pool at the Y - good for arthritic old folks like me!  The place is pretty amazing, all the cardio machines have their own little tv's so you don't get bored.

Also, I met my new counselor at rehab.  I like her a lot.  She went over all my paperwork and test results.  Turns out, there's a problem with my working memory - probably due to chronic pain and fatigue.  I think part of it is also "fibro fog".  I knew there was a problem, but not how bad it is.  All I can say is thank goodness - it's not dementia - and I'm not losing my mind.  Quiet there in the back row - you know who you are. *G*

Gosh, sounds like a bad week, doesn't it?  But it wasn't!  Sometimes there are glitches in my sweet happy life, but the love of my Lord and family and friends is more than enough to make up for it and see me through.

Speaking of love and friends, I got a box full of love in the mail.  Remember my "Portholes"?  And how I used Sis Boom fabrics to complete it?  I love Sis Boom - Jennifer Paganelli is my favorite fabric designer of all time.  Look what she sent.

sis boom jennifer paganelli fabrics

The creative wheels are turning so fast they're making me dizzy!  I love her fabrics so much, you can mix and match various lines, they all go together, they're elegant and lovely and saturated with color.  I love the feel of them too.  The first thing that came to mind to make was another Catchit bag.... and a new purse [I'd love to carry a bit of Jennifer with me!] and possibly a chair cover if my limited skills can handle it, a new stitchery in the research phase, and of course a QUILT.  Thank you Jennifer, I'm so excited to get busy!

I've also been working on Jenny's July Challenge.  What fun!  Of course my machines are down so I've done it by hand -

PICT0154 5556355

Not going to show the whole thing til it's done.  Just a peek so you know I haven't been totally idle.  I do think I'll be able to get one machine working, I believe it's just the needle threader that is bent, I can handle that.

I'm still working on tracing vintage designs for you.  Next week I hope to have a full set, but I'll put this one up for now.  If you click on the picture, it will take you to my flickr set, just click on 'all sizes' at the top and pick which size you want to download.  I think this one is absolutely darling - it would look so sweet on a baby pillowcase.

bunny123
Have a wonderful, splendiferous week! 

28 comments:

Cyndi said...

Happy, happy belated birthday to John! You have a lovely family, Allie, and it's nice to "see" you, too! :o) You look just as sweet as you actually are!

How special to receive a package from Jennifer Paganelli! I love her fabrics, too. I have a few yards of some of the Sis Boom fabrics left and I don't want to cut them! LOL! I am sure you are going to make something wonderful with yours!

And oh my goodness, that little bunny design is so cute! I love it!

Hope the therapy pool will help both you and Sam; I'll be praying for you both!

XOXO,

Cyndi

jan said...

Happy Birthday to Sam (and to you -I know it was a big day for you, 18years ago!) The Y sounds wonderful! excersising without getting bored is always the challenge. Thanks for the peek at the project - it looks lovely!

Anne at Film and Thread said...

That is so exciting that your fabulous Portholes got noticed and you received that beautiful fabric!

It's great news that you have someone you like at rehab. It must help to have someone understand what you are going through and have some ideas how to help.

That embroidery is looking awfully beautiful, too!

Darlene said...

Belated birthday wishes to John! I hope it was a wonderful day.

I'm sorry to hear about Sam but will keep good thoughts for him and you.

You must take good care of yourself, Alli!

Love the new fabric - YUM.

The wittle wabbit is adorable teehee!

Heather x said...

Its nice to "see" you Allie :0)
Glad to hear your not losing your marbles just yet rofl :)
The sneaky peek looks interesting hun....does this mean you have your machines back from the menders?
The little rabbit is cute, I wonder if I could use this to make a baby card......
Take care hun,
*hugs* Heather x

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Happy Birthday to your baby....sounds like it has been a very hectic week for you Allie...but as always Mum has everything under control....well you know what I mean...take care Allie...

Mama Spark said...

Happy birthday to John. It was fun to see your kids. The weeks should get better soon. It is kinda good news to realize you aren't losing your mind! The vintage bunny is adorable!!! Thanks for doing that. Wow, Jennifer was so generous. The fabric is beautiful.

Joy said...

Looks like your John had a lovely birthday ... and how fabulous to finally put your gawjus face to your name :o)!!! Love your sneaky peeks of what you're up to Allie ;o).
Big hugs,
Joy ;o)

Jenny of Elefantz said...

You have handsome young men in your family, sweet Allie! I shall be praying the pool helps Sam, and that you also find it soothing. :-)
Love those fabrics!! You deserve to be blessed dear one...cannot wait to see your creations from them.
I LOVE the sneak peek of what you're making with my Little Bird In Tree!!! Oooo, hope you don't keep us in suspense too long...:-)
LOve ya heaps,
Jen
xxx

Terry said...

A friend of Emily's has scoliosis (she's 12) and she has to wear a brace until she's 16. It won't make it go away but it will keep it from getting worse they said. Love the fabric you got! And with only a peek I love what you're doing with Jenny's stitchery! :0)

Linda said...

That's not good news about Sam. I've lived with severe scoliosis all my life, if you need a sounding board I'm here.

Fleurette said...

Best wishes to John! love the stitchery and gorgeous fabric.Hoping the therapy pool does wonders for you both. Thanks for the wee bunny, she's too cute!

Shasta said...

Happy birthday to John! I'm so sorry about both of your health issues. The fabric is so pretty.

Rebekah said...

Happy birthday to John!

Your son Sam looks just like you.

Love the new bunny pattern you posted :)

susan m hinckley said...

So glad everything is happy in Allie-land! I always love seeing the projects you're working on, and your beautiful children are certainly one of the best, aren't they? Let me know if they ever get finished . . . I'm getting doubtful!

Jan said...

Love your embroidery. Happy Birthday to John!!! Hope everything turns out all right for Sam and for you!!! You take good care of yourself. I love the bunny---what a cutie!!!

Kim D. said...

Nice photo's and a lovely family! Nice to put a face behind the blog. Happy Birthday to your Son!! Hope all goes well for Sam and for you with the exercise.
That Jennifer sure is a sweetie, love her fabrics. She is so generous and kind.
I haven't been to Jenny's blog lately, looks like a lovely project. Can't wait to see more. Take care.

Martha said...

It's nice to see a photo of the family, and Best Wishes to John.

Those are lovely fabrics, and the embroidery looks wonderful. You know how I feel about embroidered quilts!

Thanks for taking the time to upload your vintage transfers -- I am really enjoying them, and they are all new to me.

Carrie P. said...

Happy Belated birthday to John. Both your boys look just like you. Great photo. The Y is a great place to work out. Glad to hear you are getting some help and life will be better.
Oh, what lovely fabric you got. How very generous Jennifer.
I am making something with Jenny bird design too. Can't wait to see what you are up too.

Terri said...

Hey!! You know know I love that fabric you got there!! wish I couls have come up to join the festivities. So glad John got the DL too!!
You know I love the transfers too. It's the cutest lil' bunny!
I have 2 of those same stitcheries of Jenny's traced out plus more!!
Got to dash----
hugs,Terri

bluebird-lyn said...

Hello Allie, loved your sweet bunny transfer.....I hope the pool gives you a lot of relief...it worked wonders for me ...when I badly fractured my leg....take care hugs lyn

West Michigan Quilter said...

Wow, you do have a lot going on in your life. I really think stress has a lot to do with that memory thing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope the pool will help Sam. Nice picture of you and your handsome boys. Love your bunny embroidery.
Take care.

GeorgiaBE said...

You’ve been awarded the versatile blogger award by me! Check it out: http://georgiabe.wordpress.com/2010/07/18/versatile-blogger-award

julie said...

Happy Birthday John....therapy!! my foot Allie, you are just going to check out all the buff heart patients and using Sam as an excuse....I know what you're up to.
Really, I do hope it helps Sam and your poor arthritic old body.
Lucky you, love the fabrics, can't wait to see what they grow up to be. Oh!! the cutest little bunny. Thank-you

clare's craftroom said...

Happy happy birthday John ! Allie I am in loooove with your new fabric !

Ivory Spring said...

Beautiful family you have, Allie! :)

Those fabrics are to die for!!!!

And your project in progress looks wonderful!

Terri said...

What a marvelous site you have and hats are off to you home schooling two teenage boys. Not an easy task these days. I was curious as to where in Michigan you live as I too am in Michigan. Just wondered if we might be neighbors, I live "up Nort" as they say here at the tip of the mitt. You can email me at oneshawman@aol.com if you'd like. Would love to talk with you and get some tips on doing websites.

Have a great day and a brighter tomorrow. May you and yours enjoy all the very best that life has to offer.

Terri at the Drake's Nest in Ossineke, MI

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Happy B-Day to your son! How exciting! And, I'm glad to hear you'll be having some fun at the Y! Loving your stitchery and that vintage design is TOO CUTE! And, pretty fabric, too - hope you enjoy it!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...