Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Best Laid Plans

I said I was going to stay home today and play with fabric.  Fat chance.  It was so lovely and cool, I decided that Sam and I should go into a nearby town and walk around - it's a lovely town, with a historic district, great pedestrian town.  Haven't been there in years.  So we kidnapped my mom and took her along.

PICT0166     002

This home is on the town square, near the theater.  I love it so much.  Had to take some pics.

PICT0164     002

Please forgive the poor quality, my camera does not like the out-of-doors.  And it was overcast and sprinkling.

PICT0167    002

This is where they have Art in the Park.

PICT0171    002

And the ice sculpture contest in winter.  Lovely, large town square.  I also couldn't resist taking a pic of this store:

PICT0174    002

The Doll House and Toy Cottage!  Isn't it too cute?

And then we ate at Jimmy John's and decided to see a movie. 

PICT0188    002

I saw my first ever movie at this theater, when I was five years old - The Sound of Music.   I'll never forget it.  The experience, not the movie - I still watch the movie once a year.  LOVE it.

So glad we decided to take a play day - and NOW I'm going to go cut some more fabric!  Hope you had a lovely play day too!

19 comments:

Mary said...

Good for you! What a great way to spend a cool day (what is that like anyway? I've forgotten, LOL). The town looks so picturesque. I love the fountain in the town square! The Sound of Music - oh my what a wonderful movie. I remember seeing it when I was young and I loved it.

DAWNIE said...

Oh just love these type of houses - is this near where you live, or are you on holidays??

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Loved the stroll around town with you!! Wish it was for real...one day, perhaps?! :-)

Anne at Film and Thread said...

That doll house/toy cottage is adorable! It would be hard to resist going in there.

What a fun day you had and when the weather is tolerable, it sure is good to be outside!

Mary-Kay said...

What a neat house? Could you imagine sitting on one of those porches just stitching away? I'd love to own a house like that but not the upkeep or the heating/cooling bills. But it's still nice to dream about it.

Cyndi said...

What a wonderful day you had, spending it with your son and mom! I would love to visit that town - I love quaint little towns like that with lots of old houses. I LOVE old houses! :o)

So glad that you got out and had a good day. The sewing will always be there, but time spent with your family is precious!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Valerie said...

That sounds like so much fun! You go girl!

Talin's Corner said...

I love that house. Wouldn't you just love to live there? Taking a day off is really nice, especially when you spend it with loved ones.

Jennifer said...

love that house, like to think about who lived there and how they lived. Amazing. xoxoxo Jennifer

Shasta said...

Looks like a lovely town, and a lovely time.

West Michigan Quilter said...

Wow, it looks like you had a great day. I love visiting these small towns. They are so interesting. You'll have to tell me where it is so if I ever get over on that side of the state I can visit.

Ivory Spring said...

Beautiful post... that doll house toy shop stole my heart!!!

Fleurette said...

That town is beautiful, I love the house and the cute cottage. Lovely pic's Allie, glad you had a wonderful day!

susan m hinckley said...

What a lovely day in a lovely place! Thanks for inviting us along.

Dolores said...

Thanks for taking us along. I remember being scared in a movie while watching Zorro. I cried because he was in trouble. My brother didn't know what to do with me (he is a year and a half older.)
I also remember going to see the 50 Foot Bride with an older neighbour girlfriend (she was 5 years older than me.)
Love that doll house.

Carrie P. said...

Oh, I want to come along on your play day. What a quaint little town. That pink store front is so sweet.

Kim D. said...

Love the old house, what a beauty. Sometimes it's nice to just get out and enjoy the day. Thanks for sharing all those lovely photo's. I was thinking the cute little pink doll house/toy cottage would make a lovely quilt block. Yes, quilting is always on my mind. LOL

Shari said...

What a lovely day for you and your mom.

Mama Spark said...

I was looking at that house and thought Gee that looks like the one in Plymouth, and it is!!! Why didn't you call me?? I live 5 minutes from there!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...