Friday, May 21, 2010

Mum's Day

Finally - last night, while visiting a friend, I put the last stitches on the binding for my mom's Mother's Day gift.  I'm glad she's so patient.  They just need to be washed [for crinkly effects] and then she can use them.  Provided I can talk her into using them....she says they're too pretty.  I told her I made them multi-color so spills won't show.

PICT0110e

My table wasn't big enough, so I put them on the bed.

PICT0115d

I really do like how they turned out.  I'm not sure why they took so long, I don't seem to want to actually DO anything lately - I have tons of patterns I want to make, tons of inspiration, but no energy.

PICT0109f

Sweet Cyndi gave me a blog award - 

Wasn't that nice of her?  Thank you Cyndi!  I love her blog and wish I could afford to have her make all of my purses.  I would like to pay her to sit around and just design and create and maybe, just maybe, I'd share her with you.  Maybe.

Now I need to nominate 10 people for the Sweet Blog award.  Not so easy!  So listen, if I nominate you and you don't accept awards, please accept my thanks for your wonderful blog and let it go.  I don't mean to step on any tootsies.  I think, except for the first one [who I've meant to tag before, but thought she didn't accept awards, my terrible mistake], I'm going to pick you all at random.  I go to all of your blogs every time you post and think you're all wonderful.  Having that said, here are my 10....I'm trying to pick ones I haven't picked before.

Peg

Cheryl

Dorothy

Mickie

Susan

Wendy

Lori

Aimee

Victoria

Rebekah

The only trouble with picking 10 is that you leave out the 390 others.  No, I'm not exaggerating. 

And now to go finish editing my Blogger's Quilt Festival post - I'm so excited, guess where I'll be ALL weekend - that's right, surfing all the wonderful links to the quilts!  I hope my Google Reader can handle all the new blogs I'll find, lol!

15 comments:

Terry said...

They look great Allie! I'm glad to see that fabric finally put to good use! :0)

Allie said...

Wow Allie! They are so beautiful! What a great present.
I haven't been getting much done lately either. Somehow I need more time. :)

Cyndi said...

Allie, your mom is going to love her gift...I know I do! That fabric is beautiful. And thank you so much for your sweet comments about me and my blog...you are a peach and I love you to bits!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Shasta said...

These are nice. I like the fancy stitches you used to quilt them.

Denise of Ingleside said...

Allie, they are so pretty! I love the curly stitching too.

I don't think she'll want to use them either lol ... she'd be like my mom... you tell her to use them and stop waiting for special occasions... every day is a special occasion :D
Love you!

West Michigan Quilter said...

I love your place mats with their bright colors. What a wonderful way to use up those scraps. I like the way you've quilted them too.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh Gee....gush gush....thank you so very much Allie for the award....kiss kiss hug hug......
and love what you made for your mum, she must have been so thrilled Allie...

Fleurette said...

Bright and beautiful, your mom will just love them!

sewtakeahike said...

you have one blessed mama! Allie! I still need to make a gift for my mom and MIL. I think I've decided on a gathered clutch for each of them.. I made one today to try the pattern out and I really like how they turned out!

CJ said...

Ohhhh, you got the award and then I see I am on your list of nominated blogs! How sweet is that?
I've been busy and not keeping up. Bad blogger!

CJ said...

Ooops, meant to post and tell you how much I liked the placemats! I like that curvy stitching you did too.
Moms are funny like that, not wanting to use something so pretty. They wash! :D

Rebekah said...

love these placemats! Your decorative stitching on it is perfect.

And thanks for nominating! That was so sweet of you

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh Allie - I love them, love them! They turned out so great - and I really love that special sweet curvy stitch you put on them! Very cute! And, congrats on your award, too!

AllyJo said...

OMGosh I LOVE THESE!!!!!!! Did you use a pattern or just make this up? I love them, I love them, I love them.

Thanks for being my sweet friend Allie. You are a blessing to me.

XUE said...

Beautiful placemats! I make multicolour ones too because of spillage. Bet your Mom will love & use these to bits!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...