Saturday, May 1, 2010

A Long Time Ago.....

in a galaxy far, far away....a woman had a blog.  She loved her blog, and all the blogs of her friends.  She loved to show pictures on her blog, mostly of finished projects, especially projects designed by her friends.  But then something awful happened....she decided to create her own project.  Due to the nature of the fabric she used, she had to hand-quilt that project and suddenly she lost her enthusiasm.  War broke out between her fingers and her needles and thread.  It was chaos.

Ok, enough of that.  I'd forgotten how long it takes to hand-quilt.  And I haven't found my gold trim yet for around the border.  They closed the Joann's that was 5 minutes from my house and now I have to drive half an hour to find one.  Since it's taking SO long to hand-quilt, the pattern isn't finished.

I'm also working on some secret squirrel stuff that I can't show you.  I've had a bad sewing month during April, let's hope May is better.  Seems like everything I'm doing is by hand, I'm itching to break out my machine!  I must say I'm really enjoying seeing all the projects you have all been working on, but it's making me a wee bit jealous.

Since I don't like to do a blog post without a picture, I'll leave you with a pic of my friend's puppy, Greta.  She's absolutely adorable, but STUBBORN.  She loves my shoes - not sure if it's because they're leather, or if they smell like my dog, or she likes the [bad] attention she gets when she goes after them.  We have to find a toy she can chew on to keep her away from them.  She's a stinker!

me trying to keep greta from chewing my shoe

22 comments:

Terry said...

I can understand how you feel. Right now I've got lots and lots of stitching to do, when what I'd really like to be doing is sewing. But that will come next. I must learn to be patient and to take things as they come! LOL

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh Allie...what are you up to????

Debbie said...

How about a picture of the hand quilting you are doing, Allie?

Cyndi said...

Allie, I can't wait to see what you're working on...I've been sewing all day today and don't have much of anything to show for it. I was trying to "improve" my wallet pattern, and hubby comes in and says, "It was better the way it was!" Great...whole day wasted! LOL

Greta sure is a cutie-patootie, even if she is a stinker!

susan m hinckley said...

Yes, Allie -- hand quilting is a pain, but so worth it! Go, Allie, go!

And secret projects? Do tell! (or show . . . okay, okay -- we'll be patient I suppose.)

Darlene said...

Just enjoy the project - we're still here. :-)

jan said...

Oooh! Secret squirrel sounds very interesting! Can't wait to see it - someday?

Shasta said...

It is hard to look at beautiful pictures of finished things on other blogs, especially when you are in the middle of a long term project. You should know that it is safe to come to my blog anytime. Rarely do I show a finished project! LOL
I look forward to seeing your reveals.

soggibottom said...

I think Greta needs a huge cookie
x x x love from Amie Soto Blossom

Lisa @celebrate CREATIVITY said...

So many projects and never enough time to do all we want to do.

Love the crabapple tree in your earlier post too.

Good luck with your new projects.

Anne at Film and Thread said...

I've missed you! Glad to hear you are okay, though. I know what you mean about the hand-stitching/quilting. We don't have a Joanns or I'd offer to run and get the trim for you so you could finish your border.

Victoria said...

I remember my first hand quilting project... a full size bed quilt with lots of hand quilted flowers, and vines. I actually thought that when I started it I could quilt it in about 2 months. That was 12 years ago.. after MANY months of non stop quilting, I got so sick and tired of that quilt, that I put it away and never finished it. Sometimes it's fun, but sometimes it's a drag!

Allie said...

Allie you crack me up!
It is amazing how long hand work can take. Secret squirrel sounds very interesting!

Kim D. said...

I've been working on some hand applique and that takes forever as well. I understand how one can lose enthusiasm.

Michelle said...

LOL! I hope May is better for both of us!!!

West Michigan Quilter said...

Loved your story...well the start of it. LOL I hate hand quilting too. My stitches are terrible. Cute dog. Thanks for the picture.

Valerie said...

Oh I am so glad to see this post. I sure was missing you. I am so anxious to see what all you are working on. The doggie is so cute.

Rebekah said...

Good luck with your projects! It's funny how crafting comes and goes in waves...I'm starting a reading wave here, myself.

Fleurette said...

Enjoy your hand quilting Allie! I've been told its very relaxing.

Sharon said...

Sorry to hear that you're frustrated right now. Hand-quilting can feel like it takes forever. (That's one reason why I don't do it anymore!) I hope May will be better for you.

You won't find much finished stuff on my blog, either. It's a safe one to visit!

Sorry to hear that Joanne's is so far away. The nearest one to me is at least 1/2 hour away, too.

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

A naughty puppy? What a surprise :)

Interesting, about the hand quilting. With knitting it's such a tactile hobby I have never considered using a machine.

Love the fabric fats you received. Those will make something really special!

May the 4th be with you too ;)

Tanya said...

It sure does take a long time to hand quilt! I've been working on something for a year now and am no where near done. Makes for not having much to show on my blog too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...