Saturday, March 20, 2010

Ului

Will you all please join me in praying for Jenny of Elefantz, and all the Queensland folks who are being impacted by Cyclone Ului?  And if you'd like to join in, Jenny is sewing a table runner this weekend, and has put up a pattern on her blog.  I love the idea of making something together as she rides out this storm. Although we're so far apart geographically, prayers know no distance.

The latest word I have from Jenny is that the area has already been declared a disaster, and the storm has intensified to a Cat 3.  It's frustratingly difficult to find current Australian news on the internet.

9 comments:

Terry said...

I'm with you on praying for Jenny and everyone else affected by this cyclone! Apparently they declared the area a disaster even before the cyclone hit so they could mandate evacuations. Hope everyone down there makes it through this OK.

Allie said...

test

jan said...

Here's sending thoughts and prayers down under. Hope everyone remains safe!

soggibottom said...

I can relate to bad weather. !
So sorry for Jenny. x x x She needs loads and loads of hugs. x x x
possibly a huge mop poor lady x

Mary said...

I know how from first-hand experience how hurricanes make a real mess out of everything - in 2004 we went through 2 of them in about a month and each time were left without power for over a week (with temps in the 90s and tons of humidity). I will be sure to keep the Aussies in my prayers.

Linda said...

Allie type into your url www.yahoo.com.au and it will take you to the Australian yahoo front page where you'll find current updates.

Carol said...

I'm sending lots of good thoughts!

Mickie said...

Good job Allie, will do! Prayers being sent! What an awful thing! :(

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Oh Allie, it's so gorgeous and definitely YOU!!! I wonder if eucalyptus oil will move that oil stained thread??

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...