Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Remiss

I've been so bad. I've received three lovely blog awards and I haven't blogged about them. :( So, tonight I will. And then, sometime in the next few days, I'll show you my latest finish and a beautiful gift - everytime I go to take a picture, either I can't find the card or the batteries are dead, so my posting has been delayed.

The first was from Jan at Just-A-Mere. And just to show you HOW remiss I've been, Jan gave me this award last November. I have no excuses - Jan, please forgive me for taking so long to mention this!

She nominated 15 blogs, and I'm supposed to as well - but how can I pick??? I ask you. So if you're reading this, and you comment here, you know I read your blog as well - cuz I read all the bloggers who comment on my posts - so go ahead and copy the pic, consider yourself nominated. I love you all. I think you ALL have the best blogs - it's because of you I joined the blog party!

The second award is from Paula at Quilt Happy, Quilt Often.

To accept this award, you have to thank the person who gave it to you [thank you, Paula!], paste the award on your blog, link the person who nominated you [Paula], tell 7 interesting things about yourself, nominate 7 blogs, and post links to them. So here goes. FYI, I'm not interesting.

1. I know how to drive a semi. And I'm good at it.
2. I'm 1/8th Native American and my mom used to threaten to send me back to the reservation if I didn't behave. I don't THINK she meant it....
3. When I'm not sewing, I read one book a day. Unless I read two. If I'm sewing, I listen to a book on tape.
4. I'm terrified of heights. Can't even stand on a chair without thinking I'll fall.
5. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up.
6. Menopause was the third best thing that ever happened to me - motherhood was second, meeting Jesus was first.
7. I never made it to college - maybe I will yet? I joined the service for the GI bill, and they dropped it the day before I went in. After I got out, they reinstated it. Yes, I took it personally. Still do.

See? Not interesting. This is why I comment on your blogs more than my own.

Now, 7 blogs to nominate - this is the hardest part!!!! Firstly, Jenny of Elefantz - I love her to pieces [quilter's pun, sorry] and she has been my inspiration for ever, it seems. She's a kindred spirit.
Second up is Midge. Another kindred and I want to go live in her world. It's beautiful there. I adore her.
Third is Tanya. I SO look forward to her posts and projects. I would love to travel to her home someday!
Fourth, Terry. She is an amazing woman and a hero of mine.
Fifth, Valerie. It's been pure joy getting to know her and her granny.
Sixth, Lauranie. I met her when I first started blogging and I'm SO glad I did. But I wish I had half her energy!
And seventh, Terri. My very, very dear friend who I met in a yahoo embroidery group, was privileged to meet in person, and lives WAY too far away. If we were next door neighbors, we'd never get anything done, we'd be sitting on the porch yakking all the time. Or maybe shopping. :)

Whew. Still with me? One more. Allie gave me this:

The Lemonade Stand Award, given out for bloggers that show great attitude and gratitude. Now isn't that a lovely award? Here are the rules:
Put the Lemonade logo on your blog or within your post.
Nominate at least 10 blogs with great attitude or gratitude.
Link the nominees within your post.
Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.
Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.
[Copied and pasted from Allie's blog.]

Now how am I going to pick 10? Here goes....

1. Sheri
2. Paulette
3. Mickie
4. Carrie
5. Darlene
6. Jocelyn
7. Shasta
8. Bell
9. Kim
10. Jan

You know I could have given out more, but your eyes are probably glazed over. If I gave you an award and you don't do awards, I'm sorry, I hope you take it in the spirit given - that I truly appreciate you and want you to know.

18 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Congratulations on all your awards Allie you deserve them all..

Darlene said...

Congratulations, Allie - wonderfully deserved awards. Thank you for the Lemonade Stand Award - I'm honored. :-)

Terry said...

Congratulations on your awards Allie! Reading those tidbits about you was very interesting! And thank you for nominating me for one too! I'm honored! :0)

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

You certainly are most deserving of each and every award! Congratulations :-) And thank you for extending the Lemonade Stand Award to me! I am very humbled and honored.

Carrie P. said...

Allie,
You so deserve those awards. I enjoy your blog a whole lot.
Thanks so much for honoring me with an award.

atbquilting said...

Congratulations on the awards. I didn't think the tidbits about you were boring. So if you are boring so am I.

paulette said...

Well deserved, Allie!! Thank you for the Lemonade Stand Award- I'm honoured!! It just so happens that lemonade is my favourite all time drink!! So it is a double honour! Thanks again! ;o)
Paulette

Rebekah said...

congrats on all of your awards! I can't believe it about the GI Bill...I would definitely take that personally too!

Sheri Howard said...

You are too cute! Thanks for the vote! I don't like heights either but I can at least get on a 7 foot ladder! Congrats on your awards!

Valerie said...

Oh how fun. Thank you for mentioning me for an award. That is sweet. Congrats on all of those awards you received. You deserve them all. I can't wait to see what you have finished. You will not believe this but I have separated my yarn and I am sitting in a motel with it all on my bed and reading your tutorials that you sent me. I have a question...probably a stupid question. Is cross stitch considered embroidery? I have a book here that shows how. I just wondered if I could start with that. What do you think? Oh and I forgot.....one book a day??? Wow. I am a wanna be reader and have actually almost finished one but it takes me forever! I have to say I have enjoyed it though. You are a true inspiration to me.

Lauranie said...

You can DRIVE a SEMI???!!!! Talk about NOT interesting!!! I am trying hard not to YAWN!! :D You are soooo sweet!! Thank you for thinking of me...as always, and you are most definitely one of the most BEAUTIFUL bloggers I know!! Guess what?? I got a quilting for dummies book...well sorta...it's from "Sewing with Nancy" from PBS, who I LOVE and I figured if she can't make a quilter out of me...no one can!! HA!! I've been sooo busy, but I just wanted to pop in and say HI!! xo

Mr Puffy's Knitting Blog: said...

Whoo hooo!!! What wonderful awards ~ and well deserved!

I am so impressed that you can drive a semi! I didn't learn to drive until I was 21 and am still not happy changing lanes on the freeway - LOL

Anne said...

Well done you! I don't believe that you could ever be "bad" - your heart is too kind :0).

soggibottom said...

Thanks Allie I gush......
I am honored............ Where on earth are you going to put awards, straight to your heart as always. x x x
love your truth bits..will think very hard and true as you X ah honored has no u in it or has it?

O:) x x x Midge

soggibottom said...

What's a semi ?

Tanya said...

Thank you. I wish you could come and visit my house someday too! I'll clean my sewing room for you!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Awwww, thank you darlin'. You are a gift of God to my life and I treasure our friendship so much. {{{hugs}}}
You deserve every award!!!

Tanya said...

Thank you! I would love to know why you thought menopause was the third best thing that ever happened to you! And I would LOVE to have you come visit me!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...