Thursday, December 31, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! It’s finally here – the new year. To me, it always feels like a blank slate to be written on in ink….or a very colorful marker. I’m too old to use pencil anymore. I want to write on this new year with boldness, with confidence, with passion.

PICT1419    1
Our dog, Abby, wearing her party hat on Christmas.

Out of the entire past year, the only thing that stands out as memorable to me is blogging. I started last March. You, yes you, have filled my year with inspiration, kindness, and friendship. I'm so grateful to be a part of this community.

I’m back to blogging from my self-imposed hiatus of healing. I’m not healed, so I’m going to learn how to live with it. I live with pain anyway, it shouldn’t be too hard. I’ll take breaks when I need to, and try not to feel guilty for not replying to all posts or comments. I love your blogs, and I love to let you know that I love them.

I didn't make many gifts this year, I simply couldn't find the desire! Here's a few I did make - a couple of rice bags, for the microwave, one for my brother [the fishing fabric] and one for my aunt.

PICT1397    1

I also finished the pillow for my mom, from Vikki's pattern, Mother's Love. She LOVED it.

PICT1404    1

I finished her quilt too, but neglected to get a picture of it. She loved that too. I didn't take many pictures this year, I need to change that! I'm finally learning my camera - just discovered the other day that I can change the exposure on it, can you imagine? We've only had it for about 12 years.

Jenny and I did a little swap for Christmas. We made aprons for each other. I opened mine and started to cry - look what she did -

PICT1376    1

PICT1378    1

She made a design just for me. I don't wear it for cooking, I wear it in my sewing room! My phone has a headset, but I need something to carry the phone part in, and the pocket is perfect! I take it off to cook - heaven forbid I should get food on it. She spoiled me rotten, look what else she did....

PICT1379    1

The peace stitchery is now a pillow on my bed.

PICT1383    1

And the gorgeous placemat could NEVER be used to put food on, what if I spilled? No, it's hanging on the wall, safe from harm.

And speaking of Jenny, she's got a new BOM coming out and it's another winner! I don't know how she does it but I hope she never stops. I can't wait to start this one! What a great year this will be.

Tomorrow I'm going to find some time to sew. I have another quilt started, the one Bell sent me from this post. The four-patches are made, the daisies are traced, and I really want it done. I want to stop making real quilts [gasp] and focus on art quilts this year....but I MUST get this quilt out of my system, I love it so! What will you focus on this year? I can't wait to find out!

I wish you all happiness and prosperity in this coming year - may it hold all the joy you hope for!

34 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Happy New Year Allie...I am sure 2010 will be your year....love the photo of your Abby, she has gorgeous eyes.....love all your projects you should be very pleased with yourself...

Patricia said...

Happy New Year, dearest Allie. I've missed you and do wish you were feeling better. May 2010 bring a renewel of health and strength, and may the hand of God shower you with blessings in abundance. Much love, Pat

Anne at Film and Thread said...

Welcome back! I hope this is a wonderful New Year for you. Everything you've been working on is so pretty and how sweet is that apron?

Terry said...

What a fabulous apron! And all the other goodies you got are so pretty too! All the best to you in 2010! :0)

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Allie I LOVE your little apron. What a beauty. It has been such a joy and pleasure to get to know you through this crazy blogging world! Wishing you a very happy and blessed New Year!

Linda said...

Happy New Year Allie. Sounds lik you have all the right things in life figured out. Here's to a great year.

Niki :-) said...

Happy New Year Allie!
your hand work is lovely.

Terri said...

My dear sweetest Allie.....my life has been so enriched since we have become friends. I pray your new year is filled with many hours of blissfull stitching and blogging. I cannot tell you how much your friendship has meant to me.
I adore that little apron from Jenny.....too darling.
hugs, Terri

Loralynn said...

I think the pillow you made for your Mom is my favorite! Here's wishing you and your's a wonderful 2010!

AllyJo said...

You're apron is lovely. I've missed you. I'm praying for you.

jan said...

Happy New Year, Allie! So good to hear from you, again! And such lovely goodies! That apron is so dear! I hope 2010 is a wonderful year for you!

Jenileigh said...

Oh my those are gorgeous! woweezers!!! Happy New Year Allie! So glad you are back and I'll pray for you to heal. Hugs

Kim said...

Allie the apron is just darling. The blogging is so much fun isn't it. I feel blessed having you as one of my dear blogging friends. I will pray for you as well.

Sharon said...

Happy New Year, Allie. I've missed you. Sorry to hear you've not healed yet. :( I hope you get better soon. Try to pace yourself!
I love all your projects! And that apron is so darling! Great idea to use it in the quilt studio.

bluebird-lyn said...

Happy New Year to you Allie, love your apron.....Allie I hope 2010 will be kind to you......a lovely post you have written...Hugs Lyn

Lisa @celebrate CREATIVITY said...

Love all the pretty projects and that embroidery on the pillow is just stunning.

All the best for a wonderful (and creative) new year.

Lauranie said...

To my sweet Allie...health-wealth-and LOTS of LOVE for the new year! You were my first regular commenter and I THANK you for all of your love and support! Without you I would have surely given up long ago! For all you have given me, thank you! xo

Shasta said...

Welcome back Allie! Hope you take it slow and easy on your way back. This is a great post - love the part about writing on your blank slate in marker. So many pretty things in your post. You already make art quilts with your wonderful stitcheries, I look forward to seeing where that takes you.

Carrie P. said...

Hey Allie, glad to see you back on line and that you are a little better. Take it easy.
I love the pillow you finished. Very cute.
And that is the cutest apron I have ever seen. Jenny is so creative.
Happy New Year!

Martha said...

Happy New Year, Allie -- I'm glad you're back!

Rebekah said...

Happy New Year! These gifts are so beautiful!

Rest up and don't let the blog world get in the way of your healing :)

Michelle said...

I love that apron! Happy New Year!

Dandelion Quilts said...

I love all of these cute projects, but that apron is darling! DARLING. Darling. darling. It is so dang cute. What a great gift. I hope you are feeling much better. I am sorry you do not have health insurance. I wish you a fast recovery.

Isabella said...

Love your mums pillow it's soo nice and what a cute apron from Jenny no wonder you dont want to cook in it.

julie said...

Welcome back Allie. Happy New Year to you and I hope it brings health, happiness and contentment to you. It is nice to have you back.

Victoria said...

Happy New Year to you, Allie.
I am sorry that the pain is still with you and admire you for forging on. I do hope that it eventually goes away and your days can be pain free and very happy.

The gifts you created are lovely... I am blown away by what you have managed to accomplish! I think you are a "Super Woman" in more ways then one!

Jan said...

Love seeing all your "gifties" and the picture of Abby--what a ptient dog to wear a hat! Happy New Year to you and may God bless you richly in 2010!

susan m hinckley said...

Happy New Year, Allie! Your enthusiasm and your positive attitude are always such a breath of fresh air for me. I hope you're feeling much better. And I can't wait to see those art quilts you're dreaming up for 2010!

pacificpatchwork said...

Hi Allie, welcome back! Hope you continue to feel better slowly but surely! LOVE your apron! What a fun gift!

fleurette said...

Happy New Year Allie, wishing you God's richest blessings.Ive missed you friend and so glad you're back.I love the pillow.

sewtakeahike said...

Thank-you Allie, happy new year to you too! The apron you got in your swap is so sweet! I can see why you wouldn't want to wear it in the kitchen!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Well, my sweet friend, can you believe that just tonight Bloglines told me you had posts I had not read, and I see this one was from 12 days ago!! I cannot trust them...I will just go to your blog each day without them and see if you've left some words of love anf life that make me smile (cause you always do!). You were missed. Heaps!
Glad you're back...and I'm thrilled you're going to make your art quilts!!! \o/

Tanya said...

I'm glad you are feeling better and back to blogging. The stitcheries that you and your friends are doing are just beautiful and you are right, don't get anything spilled on them!

I was surprised to hear that you'd only been blogging since March. You certainly seem like a verteral!

Cubby House Crafts said...

Lovely lot of stitching! Lisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...