Monday, October 12, 2009

Stuff - Lotsa Stuff

I've been kind of busy. Mostly reading blogs this weekend - the Blogger's Quilt Festival is so fun. But I've also done a few other things recently.



I was honored to test a pattern for Linda from All Stitched Up. She makes really lovely bag patterns, and this is the one I made. This is the Uluru Sunset Bag, and it's available in her etsy shop.



PICT1107    1

PICT1108    1



It has two large pockets inside. I use it all the time - even used it for the Sewing Expo instead of a purse, it held all my goodies!



Remember the Hug Swap? Scroll down a bit to see what Dawnie made for me - this is what I sent her.



PICT1124    1

PICT1110    1

PICT1117    1



I made a cover for Granny's sewing machine.



PICT1182    1



I'm sending that out this evening. Click on Granny's picture on my sidebar to go visit her - she is precious. She has a birthday coming up, she'll be 96, and she makes a quilt a week. She's my hero.



I also mentioned last post that I started on Jenny's In My Garden pattern. I used mainly Moda Recess for the applique, but also a little bit of a 30's charm pack.



PICT1186    1

PICT1188    1

PICT1191   1



And woohoo, I'm using the variegated floss I got at Expo! So much fun. These stitcheries will have lots of stitching added, some rick-rack if I can find it, and some vintage buttons. I'm making each one seperately, so I can be diverse in hanging them up.



The design I did on Dawnie's mug mat is one I created for her. I made another one with the same style rose, and both will be available later this week as freebies from me to you. I'll let you know when I get them up.



Now I'd better get over to the library - I have a whole shelf of books on hold, waiting for me! Yippee! Have a great week!

21 comments:

Carrie P. said...

Well, you have been very busy. I saw your version of Linda's bag on her blog and I really like it.
All your other projects are just great. I really like the Jenny's garden block so far. The embroidery is really going to add a lot to the patterns.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Did you forget to sleep this week Allie....you have been one busy girl...love all your show and tell...what you made for Dawnie is just so lovely, very nice fabric and how good is variegated thread..

Niki :-) said...

Wow! You've been busy! I wish our library was open on Mondays. Budget cuts...they are closed! So I am bummed because I need to get me a new book to read. I just finished a great book called "Letters in the Attic". It's a young adult book, but it was awesome!

Michelle said...

HOLY COW! You have been busy!

Mary-Kay said...

My you have been busy. The stitcheries look great. A little floss makes adds so much to quilting. I can't wait to see the completed project

Shari said...

Wow! You have been busy! Love your hug swap items... and Jenny's In My Garden is coming alive under your fingers! Love the varigated thread - hard to find...

jan said...

Really nice bag! The swap design is really pretty! Can't wait to see the second design!

Linda said...

I just love your version of the bag. My gosh you've been super busy, lots to keep your hands and mind busy.

Lauranie said...

That Granny has sure been inspiring you!!! Everything looks great! Those appliques are so cute!! I'll be going to the library soon...time to return a book I've had FOREVER!!! I keep re-checking it out online! I've already given enough hints for Christmas!! :D

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Granny will be thrilled!! It's so sweet, Allie. :-)
Girl, I *love* what your doing with my Garden designs!!!!!

Sew Useful Designs said...

Allie - you talented gal!!! :-) I absolutely adore the fabrics you are using with Jenny's design. And your mug hugs are gorgeous!!! As are YOU!

Hugs darling!
Vikki xoxo

Victoria said...

I'll say you've been busy, wow! Very impressive!

Sharon said...

Wow, all your projects are so inspiring! Love your tote bag - it looks like you're ready for Hawaii! And your stitcheries make me drool. Just beautiful.

Terri said...

wow!! You go girl!! I'm loving how Jenny's designs are coming alive under your fingers.....I think I need those designs too ;?
Granny's cover came out great....yep that is the fabric we spoke about....I recognize it.
Got that "thing" done yet!!??(you know what I'm talking about!gg)

CJ said...

So many cute projects going! How do you have time to read and do all that stitching??

Shasta said...

Great projects you've got going on! The mug hug is adorable. I tend to max out my library card - can't read them all, but it's like having a little library at home.

Rebekah said...

Ooh...I really like your new applique with the retro fabric. Your embroidery looks amazing!

Dandelion Quilts said...

I love that applique! So cute with the fabrics you picked. Now, you do that all by hand? Darling. I need to learn how.

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Wow, that is busy! I love the garden blocks you're doing!

Valerie said...

You are a very busy woman. I received the sewing machine cover that you made for Granny. Oh I just love it. I will be taking it to her next week. This is such a gift of love. Thank you for loving Granny. She's my hero too. I have got to catch up on reading blogs. I have missed so much. Thank you is not enough.

6p0105369c1a3d970b said...

Oh my gosh, I love these! So colorful and fun. And I love your hug swaps too. So cute!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...