Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Second Verse, Same As The First

Not a lot going on here that I can blog about. Still sewing the machine embroideries [will they ever end] and Snippets is looking pretty forlorn on my design wall. This coming Saturday is the big American Sewing Expo and I am beyond ready. My friend Cathy and I go every single year. We only go for one day, and we've never done classes - but you wouldn't believe the mileage we get out of that day.


The most exciting part of this day, though, is that I'm planning on meeting up with Pam from MamaSpark's World! We don't live too far from each other, but haven't had a chance to get together yet. And *gasp* she's never been to the Expo!

This year, the first thing we want to see [aside from Pam] is the new Sashiko machine by Babylock. Now, I'm a Viking girl, through and through, but this machine is AMAZING. It's the first of it's kind. Click on the Sashiko link and watch the video. Make sure all beverages are away from the keyboard. This machine perfectly replicates the hand stitch!

I finished my project for the Hug Swap. Can't show the whole thing but here's a sneak peek.

crop peek



I'm stitching up a design right now that will be a freebie here on my blog. I hope you like it. It will go with the design I created for the Hug Swap, which you can't see yet. *G* That's why Snippets is so forlorn.

Have you seen Jenny's new set, In My Garden? It's been printed off, along with her Seasons and various other stitcheries she's created. I just need to find the perfect fabric - I think a charm pack for the applique. I need to finish up the last Shabby Roses blocks too, before the next one comes out - yikes! I either need to stitch faster, or take her pencil away til I'm caught up!

There was lots more I was going to tell you about, but it flew away as I was typing. So ta for now, I'll be back after the Expo, hopefully with lots to share!

12 comments:

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Whewww, I can't keep up! There are so many lovely patterns out there. My wish file is growing :-)

Rebekah said...

That sashiko machine sounds really interesting! I wish I could go to the expo this year, but I've got to keep myself away from all of the temptation :) Have fun!

atbquilting said...

The Sashiko machine looks fascinating. Let us know what you think after you see it. Have loads of fun at the show.

Jennifer Paganelli said...

Allie thanks for your sweet comment on my blog and I can't wait for this reveal!!

Mama Spark said...

I am sooo excited too!! Let me know where we will be meeting!!

Michelle said...

That expo sounds like FUN!!! The sashiko machine sound like it's pretty fancy, I love how it looks like it's hand stitched.

Allie said...

Have fun at the Expo, I wish I could be there too!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

The Expo sounds amazing!! I need me a trip over yonder next year to go with you!!
My pencil...you want to take MYYYYY pencil!!??? I'm ready...and fightin' fierce. ;-)

jan said...

That sneak peek looks very interesting! Can't wait to see the rest! Have a good time at the expo!

Terri said...

I'm turning a little green here Allie.....you know how much I want to sneak up ther and go with you. Hug Pam for me!

Valerie said...

Oh how fun! I don't really know what a sashiko machine is. Embroidery? I am behind I think.

Carrie P. said...

I like that sneak peek. That machine looks very cool. Look forward to seeing your new design.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...