Friday, September 4, 2009

A Perfect Day

Today, we got to meet our friends in Port Huron. You might get sick of hearing about Port Huron - but it's where my mah-velous sewing machine tech lives, so I take my machines there, and today I got to pick up my other one after her spa treatment.

PICT0998    1

And of course, since it was so sunny and beautiful, we did a lot of sitting by the river, watching the boats and ships.

PICT1016    1

We couldn't go there without stopping by our favorite diner. Dinner was yum, wish you could've joined us! This beauty was parked outside.

PICT1038    1

While we were sitting idly by the river, I looked up and saw a man walking toward where we were sitting. He was in full scuba gear. I watched in disbelief as he went to the rail, put on his flippers, climbed the fence and fell in! I'd never seen anyone dive in that river before - the currents are so treacherous. We walked over to the railing and stood for awhile, hoping he'd come back up safe and sound. While we were standing there, I looked down the river where it meets the lake, and thought I was seeing things - it looked like an old Chevy convertible was coming down the river. Um, yep, it was! It was a car/boat. I want one. Badly. I also want a zoom on my camera.....*stomps foot* This was the best picture I could get.

PICT1007    1

See? I need a camera. Please feel free to tell my hubby that. Loudly and with vigor.

After we got over the shock of seeing a car cruising down the river, scuba guy came back. We got into quite a conversation with him - he told us about all the fish down there. There were some bigger than our boys! I'd like to see a picture of that, you'd never get ME down there.

After dinner, we went for a walk along the marina. Lots of pretty boats.

PICT1048    1

Past the drawbridge.

PICT1042    1

And I fell. Just to my knees and nothing was hurt but my pride. Why does it always happen in what feels like slow motion? I don't remember it taking so long when I was young.

PICT1041     2

Got my partner for the Hug Swap today, oh boy! Have to pick out some fabric for that. Also, I found out about a new BOM starting soon, look on the sidebar for the Sweet Nostalgia BOM - it looks wonderful! I've been thinking I need a new project or two. *rolls eyes* But who can resist that?

Oh - came home and opened my email - I won Di's giveaway! Is that not the perfect ending to a perfect day? Thanks Di!!!! Have a GREAT weekend everyone - for you in the US, enjoy the holiday!

24 comments:

Terry said...

Wow! Looks like a great day out (except for the falling down part). We got to tour a docked ship like that last year. It was HUGE!! Enjoy your day! :0)

Serena said...

Ouch to the fall but at least it was beautiful weather to fall during not rainy or icy. The pictures are beautiful.

Linda said...

Such pretty photo's Allie. I never tire of looking out at the ocean or down a river, it's so relaxing and calming. Sorry about the fall, and yes you need a camera with zoom.

joantufts said...

Your trip looked most enjoyable except for your "trip". I can relate to what you mean about it being a slower process. Glad you're ok!
Happy labor day♥♥♥
oh! Congratulation on your win!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Congrats on your win. What a beautiful day. Sorry you fell...never fun!

Pam in Colorado said...

Such gorgeous pictures. I'll take a trip to the sewing machine guru with you next time. ;)

jan said...

Congratulations on the win - it is always fun to get goodies! Love the photos of the lake. The big ships are amazing modern marvels, I think!

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Your pics are wonderful! Looks like it was a fantastic day (except the fall). Tell your DH that I say you need a new camera, okay? Congrats on the giveaway win and thanks for letting us know about the new BOM.

Liz said...

I'm still giggling as I imagine your machine soaking in an oil bath at the spa.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Love your pictures Allie. And congrats on your win :-) BTW, when I fell 3 weeks ago, mine was in fast forward. I still can't remember how it all happened so fast. One minute I was on the sidewalk, the next I was down on the ground with a pretty bad sprained foot. Glad that you are okay!

Carrie P. said...

It was a beautiful day to be out your way. I wonder what the scuba guy was looking at down in the river.
Love the cone flowers. Glad you didn't hurt yourself when you fell.
Congrats on your win too. Always fun to get a prize.

Mama Spark said...

Sounds like it was a great day (except for the fall). MSU won today too so that completes a beautiful day over here. LOL.

Edilene Rocha said...

Olá! Conheci seu cantinho e é tudo de bom! Lindo e criativo!
Amei mesmo!!!
Parabéns pelo seu trabalho!
Se puder, dê uma espiadinha no meu:
magiadaines.blogspot.com
Beijinhos carinhosos.
Itabira - Brasil

Michelle said...

From the pictures, it looks like you have a beautiful day!

Dolores said...

Looks like a beautiful day Allie. I've never seen anyone in scuba gear. Too bad the guy didn't have a spear to get the fish. Congrats on the giveaway win.

AnnaB said...

We've been to Port Huron, once a few years ago, it is really pretty there.
The deep water scares me though, as I can't swim at all, and I have tried a lot of times.
And yes I agree your dh needs to get you a camera.
Also I bet you can get a lot of ideas for your quilts.
Some sailboat quilts,
flower quilts,
a combination of both'
picnic tables,
a car quilt...

It is a really pretty area, imo, and should give you lots and lots of inspiration, if you ever need any...

Victoria said...

What a great post! Very funny, (although I do hope your knees feel better) and the photos are beautiful!

cozythyme said...

Hi! It was fun to read about Pt. Huron and see pictures. We lived there for over 30 years and moved to IN to be near our daughter. I still think it is one of the most beautiful areas! Nancy D.

Tanya said...

What wonderful scenery! So different from what I usually see. Yes, I can see how a zoom in camera would make your blog fans happy... But then again, how often are you going to find a floating car far away in the river. The other photos are beautiful!

Cheryl said...

Great photos...and I with you on whinning about a new camera. Maybe we could whine at each others husbands. Sorry about your fall, but glad you weren't hurt too bad. I haven't looked at the BOM you are talking about, mainly because I just can't resist those darn things!! Great post!

paulas said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day! Love the coneflowers pic!

sewtakeahike said...

We need to get a new camera in your hands! I want to see that car/boat up close too!!! :) I got my machine back and need to take it back in because the tension is still a little off. All I want are perfect stitches, am I being too difficult?

Lauranie said...

Yep...PERFECT!! You tell that hubby of yours that I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO SEE THE CAR/BOAT!!! Christmas times a-coming!! :D Congratulations on your win! I LOVE the purple flowers...are the coneflowers? xo

Rebekah said...

looks like an awesome day! I would have loved to have seen that car boat...sounds interesting. And that's crazy that there was a scuba diver in the river!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...