Thursday, September 17, 2009

Game Night?

Yesterday, I mentioned I'd been to a church rummage sale. Normally this church has lots of sewing related goodies, and I clean them out. Not this time, though. But I did find these:

PICT1088    1

I thought they were all intact, but the Monopoly game is missing its board. Otherwise it's perfect. Originally it was the graphics that attracted me to these, but I want to try them all with my boys. We like games.

I also found this great linen towel. Yes, I'm Irish.

PICT1094    1

This is the only sewing stuff I found, but that's ok. I found it before anyone else did.

PICT1089    1

I love vintage buttons, and these were much cheaper than the antique shop. For everything I got, I paid a whopping $2.

I had to go to the fabric store after this, I needed some fusible fleece for a project. While I was there, I spotted a book I've been wanting since it was first released. It was 30% off. I walked around and around the store with it, debating the wisdom of spending that much on something non-food related.....times are hard, ya know......but in the end, wisdom prevailed and it came home with me.

PICT1095    1

It's jam-packed with good stuff. I know I'm going to learn a lot from it. Once the projects that are cooking on all my burners are done, I'm going to dive in and start creating.

No sewing has been happening this week, other than 2 projects I can't tell you about. I've also been busy helping my friend Cathy with an enormous project she has going on. I spent the weekend at her house cutting fabric....and you know those new shoes I have? My feet and back didn't bother me a bit! That is some kind of miracle.

Don't forget to go to Among The Gum Trees and enter all the give-aways!

27 comments:

Dolores said...

Great finds. I'm glad you did decide to get the book. you need something that is 'just for you.' Another night of mac and cheese isn't going to kill anyone. ;-)
Good to hear the shoes are working. It's awful to have back pain.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Whoo hoo Allie, looks like some fun games you picked up. And of course the sewing stuff too :-) Would love to hear about the new book.

jan said...

I love rummage sales and I have not been to one in years! I guess the churches here have other ways to raise money - or maybe no one has any room to keep 'old stuff' that they have to go through occasionally. Fun stuff!

Terri said...

Allie, you're giving me the fever....haven't be out to a sale in awhile.....love your finds!!

Isabella said...

Love your buttons Allie I didn't know you were Irish did you know I'm a Scot from just across the sea :-)

Linda said...

Love the vintage buttons, looks like you scored well at the rummage sale. Interesting looking book, don't think I've seen it before.

Rebekah said...

looks like some great finds! You'll have to let us know how you like the quilting book. I have seen that popping up in blogland lately and it looks interesting

Carrie P. said...

$2, you can't beat that. I love the graphics on the games too. 30% off on the book is a good deal too.

Michelle said...

I love a good yard sale. And to find something, at a great deal is icing on the cake! You did good!

Lisa @celebrate CREATIVITY said...

Love vintage treasures like this too. Enjoy your finds.

Dandelion Quilts said...

That quilting book looks like a good read.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Love your vintage games!!! Even if all the boxes were empty I still would have bought them! ;-)

I'm glad you got that book...it's such a blessing to find something you've wanted for so long at a bargain price!! You go, girl!!

Love ya Allie-girl,
Hugs
Jen
xxxx

Karen said...

Those look like vintage versions of the games. We used to play Touring and I think everyone has played Monopoly.

Allie said...

That is an amazing score! Congratulations!

Serena said...

OH I love vintage items for inspiration. That book sounds fabulous. I too hate spending so much on quilting books. I wait to see if they make it to the used bookstore.

Lauranie said...

You know, the Monopoly box does say it's the "Popular Version"...guess they couldn't part with the board!! :D
I think you definitely deserve a book!! What's the point of saving if you can't "spend" sometime!! Hope your weekend is going well!! I'll have to send you some pictures of the kids playing in a fountain this weekend....too cute!! If you are on FB, you could see them ALL the time!! *wink wink*

Niki :-) said...

wow, great finds! I love church bazaars!

Liz said...

Very cool finds - those old games look amazing. I bet you could pick up the monopoly board on eBay.

6p0105369c1a3d970b said...

Wow, what great finds. I'm drawn to old cool vintage things. Sorry to hear you had a nasty commenter, nobody deserves that. We all think you're wonderful!

DAWNIE said...

Oh yes - love a bargain.
The book looks good too. I too am a bookaholic, but you need them to have the inspiration happening around you.

Valerie said...

You found some real goodies!!! My best friend has a game night with all of her children & grandchildren once a month. I am not sure that I am up to that! LOL

Mary said...

Allie

That's the book I bought while I was in Grand Junction. I think it's going to be fun to work through it, once I get started.

Enjoy

susan m hinckley said...

Nothing better than a great church rummage sale! Just the antidote to the first day of fall.

Sharon said...

Great shopping trip! What fun. I love the old game boxes - wonderful graphics.

I just got the Jean Wells book too! I've read it through once, and can't wait to get in the quilt studio and start doing the assignments. It's a great book, and she has the most amazing photos.

Carrie P. said...

Hey Allie,
check out my blog post for today.
Carrie P.

Jenileigh said...

Neat finds! Oldies but goodies!

sewtakeahike said...

Nice finds Allie! I just spotted that book on a quilting site and hope to order it soon. It's nice to know that it will be a good buy when I do purchase it! Thanks for the info!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...