Friday, August 28, 2009

Look Who's Home!

PICT0977    1

Yep, my baby is home. Back from the spa, cleaned and spruced up and ready to work. And work she will, if I can stay home long enough!

Remember I said I was cutting up my repro 30's fabrics? Got 'em all cut. Now I need to sub-cut.

PICT0981    1

The two stacks of strips are over 5 inches high. The stack on the left will become 5" squares. The plan is to finish cutting while embroidering hubby's designs for his quilt, then start sewing things together with a vengeance. In about a week, my other machine will come home, and I'll be able to run them both. Won't I have fun.

Must tell you about my new shoes. They're called Z-Coil. They're not cheap. And they're not pretty, lol.

PICT0948

But having the ability to walk is priceless. They have a coil on the heel that absorbs 50% of the impact when you're walking.

PICT0950

And you can get covers for the coil, so they look like a regular heel. I had thought they were sloped inside, like wearing a heel, and my foot problems are on the ball of my foot. I didn't think they'd help at all. Boy was I wrong. I'm now walking without a limp, I can put my full weight on both feet, and there's no more burning. They're also helping my back. Praise God. I would love to shake the inventor's hand and kiss his ring.

No sewing for me tomorrow, I'm taking the boys out to help my aunt with re-decorating chores. Sad, isn't it? Get my baby home and I can't spend time with her! Enjoy your weekend, dear readers!

21 comments:

Sherry said...

Glad "your baby" is home! :) Those fabrics look so much fun to jump into! They'll be there when you get to them, first things first, right? LOL Have a great week-end!

jan said...

Congratulations on getting your machine back and on the shoe comfort! I think that if I won the lottery, I would have all my shoes custom made.(of course, since I don't play the lottery, my odds of winning are quite low...)

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Yay!!! The baby's home from the 'hospital'!!! ;-)
Another week and we should see something gorgeous, eh?

Carol said...

YIPPEE! Your baby is home! ENJOY! Have a great weekend.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

woo-hooo! So glad to hear that she is home! Happy days ahead. Sounds like great shoes. Something I might need to look into.

Mary said...

So happy that you've got your sewing machine back. All that pretty fabric just waiting to be subcut and sewed. Those shoes look amazing - I've never seen anything like them. It's wonderful that you found them and that they keep you comfortable. Have fun redecorating with the boys and your Aunt!

Terry said...

Congrats on getting your machine back! Have fun sewing! :0)

Karen said...

"Spa"! Now that is a different term for sewing machine cleaning & repair. I like it.

Faith said...

Wow,,,,, Weee what a lovely sewing machine, its crying out loud for you to sew there. I love the fabric stash of neatly cut 30.s fabric and your shoes are interesting makes such a difference to walk without pain. Thankyou for visiting my blog so great to meet you!!
Faithx

Marit said...

Hope you will soon have some time to play with your "baby" again. And your shoes look very comfortable!
Have a nice weekend!

joantufts said...

Oh I'm so glad your baby is home... can I relate to the agony of that separation.
I love your shoes.. I must look into them if they are available here in Canada! I can also relate to back porblems. I have avoided surgery for last 5 years and want to continue as there is no guarantee it will be better.
Enjoy sewing that wonderful stash you have cut...Can't wait to see it all done up!

julie said...

Wow! those shoes sure will put a spring in your step....you'll be able to bounce around that room from one machine to the other. I can't wait to see what you are making.

Lauranie said...

Those shoes are WILD!!! They LOOK comfy, with that springy thing...like you could walk and bounce for hours! :) What a tease!! You get your baby back, then have to LEAVE it!! UGH!! Well, the anticipation will put and extra spring in your step....oh wait...that's the shoes!!! :D Have a great day, sweetie! xo

Carol R. said...

Oh, Allie, I am so glad your baby is home, I know you were missing her terribly.

Jenileigh said...

You leave me in awe! And that looks like a BEAST of a machine!

Rebekah said...

happy sewing with your repaired machine!

Those shoes look really interesting! I'm glad that they're helping out your foot issues!

Tanya said...

Wow, really intersting shoes. I always think that expensive shoes are worth it considering all the time we spend on our feet... But I still gulp when I look at the prices. I'd like to try some of those. They would at least be a conversation piece.

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

YOu must be so excited about getting your machine back! But oh boy, I don't envy you with all that cutting! You seem to be a cutting machine - I could do with you around at my house!

Paula said...

Glad your baby is home! Can't wait to see what you do with those fabrics!

Candied Fabrics said...

Whoa - those are the coolest shoes ever!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Yeah -- back in business! Love those fabric stacks -- and the shoes look really comfy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...