Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Fifteen Candles for Sam

sam  021    1

I remember when I brought you home. Such a hefty little bundle - bigger than your brother. You filled my arms and my heart. All the worries that I wouldn't have enough love to give you were put to rest immediately. I didn't have to take love away from your brother to give to you - God doubled the size of my heart.

sam 001    1

What I remember most from your childhood is laughter. You were always giggling. You had the most contagious laugh I'd ever heard. Especially at bedtime.

sam  010    1

You were also always in motion. I'll never forget you standing on the stairs, bouncing up and down, telling me you were my bouncing baby boy. You did math upside down. You didn't walk - you ran. You wore out the couch doing running somersaults onto it. Play was serious business, but filled with laughter.

sam 024    1

sam  025    1

Those innocent, big brown eyes made fans of all who met you. People went out of their way to do things for you.

sam  013    1

The only time you sat still was to look at a book. Now, the only time you're off the computer is when you're reading.

sam  005    1

Even when you were little, you loved the beach, as much as mum.

sam  006    1

sam 011    1

sam  016    1

Happy Birthday, my darling, my heart. I am so incredibly proud of you, and so grateful to be your mum. You bless me beyond measure. I love you more than life.

PICT0970    1

19 comments:

Dolores said...

And what a fine young man he has turned into. Happy Birthday!

LeKaQuilt said...

Happy Birthday !

Mary said...

Oh Allie - what a wonderful tribute to your handsome young man. He may not realize it yet, but he'll still be your little boy when he's 50.

joantufts said...

Happy Birthday to a fine young man.... and yes, he will always be your baby,even as he stands tall at the alter like mine did on August 8th 2009..the love of a mother never stops!

Carrie P. said...

Happy Birthday to Sam!! Oh, they grow so fast.

Lauranie said...

Your love and faith in him has lifted him to be the AWESOME person he is today!! Great job, mum!! Happy Birthday, Sam!!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

awww what a sweet post. Happy Birthday to a fine young man!

Michelle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Terri said...

Happy Happy Birthday Day dear Sam!!
Allie, you know I've met your dear Sam and I know he is a sweetie! Remember, behind every great man is a WONDERFUL woman....you've helped to make him the gentleman that he is. My hat is off to you.

Quilter Going Bananas said...

Happy Birthday to your DS!

Allie said...

Happy Birthday wishes to Sam! I love the photo of him in the highchair--too cute!

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Happy Birthday Sam!!!!! May the Lord pour out a bucket of blessings on your life and make you a constant source of joy to all you meet!

jan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jan said...

A big day for you, as well! After my daughter was born, I realized that my birthday was as significant to my mother as it was to me - (maybe more so, since I really didn't remember the original event!)

Happy Birthday to Sam!

Isabella said...

Congratulations Allie on raising such a nice young man loved the pics full of fun

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

What a sweet little baby -- they grow so fast. Wish him a Happy Birthday for me!

Rebekah said...

Happy Birthday Sam!

That mustache picture is adorable :)

Serena said...

Good Gracious what a cutie....both then and now! You've done good Mama ;) Be proud! Happy Birthday.

Tanya said...

What lovely pictures of your son in all stages of his life! I can see why you are proud of him!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...