Thursday, July 2, 2009

Portholes

It's July, and I'd like to introduce Portholes, a series of three stitcheries I designed for you. This is the first. Let's celebrate summer!







You can get it (edit: no longer available]. I was going to release these monthly, but summer is here and these are summer stitcheries - so it will be a weekly release. I hope you like them!
Summer, to me, means beaches and palm trees and cute little cottages, where you can get sand on the floor and nobody cares. With bathing suits flapping on the line at all times, meals eaten on your beach blanket, and the sound of waves playing like a soundtrack in the background of your days. Simple and carefree living - I love summer!

I'm not going to give you a pattern for the final product. I'm not sure what *I'm* going to do with them! Maybe a small wallhanging. I also think they would look good on a beach tote. If you have any questions, be sure to email me! Use whatever colors your imagination can come up with - and I would LOVE to see what you've made! Also, I'd love to see you add things to your summer beaches, I added a bit of grass. For the doorknob I used a french knot, but a small satin stitch would also work [probably better, you don't want a close-up of my french knot, lol!].
Wait - I hear the ice cream man - must run - go celebrate your summer!

27 comments:

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT! So very cute and summery, Allie! These would be A-DOR-ABLE on a beach bag. You're such a Sweetie to share that creative genius with us!

Shari said...

Wow! This is great! Thanks for the gift. Will be perfect for a summer in Oz!
Cheers - Shari

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Thanks so much Allie. I live in Florida and this is just so cute. Love the little clothesline :-)

~D Spack~ said...

Welp! thanks so much. waiting like a vulture that was me! I love it!

Allie said...

Oh that is super cute! I really want to spend my summer there!

jan said...

Allie, Thanks so much for sharing your talent! I love this little scene! I think I might try to reduce it and do a set of casual napkins.

loulee said...

Thank you Allie. Not sure what I'd use them for, I like your beach bag idea.

Terry said...

Oh this is so cute! I think I'm going to have to get my colored pencils out again for these!! Thanks so much! :0)

Mary said...

Hmmmm. I haven't done much embroidery-type sewing, but I'm thinking that I might shrink this down and use it to make a quilt label for a summer quilt. You are so talented - it is beautiful Allie!!!

atbquilting said...

It is adorable, thank you for the pattern.

Dolores said...

You did it! Thanks Allie - it's better than I imagined from Jenny's little peek.

Jennifer Paganelli said...

this is lovely Allie!!

Lindah said...

I love your "Summer means to me..." I could so use some of that about now.

Anonymous said...

Oh Allie! I know these will be a hit!! They are just too fun.
Thank you for sharing!!
hugs, Terri

Charlene said...

That is really cute. It would make a great small quilt. Thanks.

SewAmy said...

portholes is so cute.

Flittige hender said...

WoW! This is so cute. Love the little clothsline. Thank you for sharing. :0)(0:

Heleen said...

Thank you so much. Wat a lovely sticherie.

Niki :-) said...

just printed. thanks!

Carrie P. said...

How cute is this. I am going to make mine into something for my daughter. She loves beachy stuff. Thanks for sharing. Jenny sent me.

Loralynn said...

Really cute! Thanks for sharing with us

Lauranie said...

LOVE the waves!! Your image makes me wish I lived by the Gulf!! If only there weren't those pesky HURRICANES!!

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

This is very summery! I love it! Thanks for offering it!

Myra said...

Popped over from Jenny's blog... What a wonderful Stitchery! Love it! Thanks for sharing! 8-)

marcab77 said...

came to you thru jenny at elefantz -- WOW! talk about the beach boys and 'surfin' usa' or jan and dean with 'surf city.' your block is just too dawgone cute! thanks for sharing and the sweet memory, very nice. rita/bea

Sandy said...

Thank you for such a cute stitchery! I found you over at Elefantz. I LOVE summer and the beach also. Live in Ohio, but just got back from a week in North Carolina and the Outer Banks.

Rebekah said...

adorable! I love the theme of looking through a porthole! The waves are so cute

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...