Thursday, July 9, 2009

Portholes Thursday



I went to an art fair yesterday, and this is the only picture I took. Why? I love the lettering.




I have that font somewhere on my computer. I love art fairs, they re-charge my creativity - but not this one. But it was a great day to be outside - a cool breeze from the river, beautiful sunshine, and great company.



And now, without further ado, Porthole Two......



You can get it [edit: no longer available]. (I scanned it a bit crooked - sorry!)
Get your feet wet and hang ten with me. You know you want to. And don't worry, there are no sharks in these waters - it's not allowed in my happy little world.


Jennifer Paganelli from Sis Boom sent me these wonderful pieces from her new fabric line, Dance With Me. I really wish you could touch these, they are WONDERFUL. So many of her fabrics are made into wearables, and I can see why. I can't stop touching them. The colors are fabulous, like always, and they go perfectly with Portholes. As soon as I saw them, I knew I would have to use them for this.




Have you ever seen anything so yummy!





Sorry, I couldn't stop taking pictures. These colors make me SO happy. Thank you Jennifer!!!



And now, what would a post be without a picture of Hermoine. My oldest son is going to a family reunion today in another state. He didn't mean to pack the cat, but apparently she's feeling the need for a road trip. Either that, or she realized her kitty box cleaner won't be here. Her nose is pushed into a sock roll. Cats are so subtle.



WHAT a life.

17 comments:

Crafty Girls Workshop said...

How in the world did you get Jennifer Paganelli to send you fabric? Did you order it? Are you a famous designer? What is your secret?!
Anna

Terry said...

Cool fabric! And thanks for the second porthole stitchery! :0)

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

I love these. Thanks for sending out Porthole #two.

julie said...

Thank you for the stitchery designs. As I don't live near the beach, it will be nice to have a bit of surf and sand a cool sea breezes in my house.
Never mind the lettering on the fire station building, the building itself conjours up childhood memories. Growing up in western Queensland, Australia, it leapt off the page at me as the local Ambulance Station. I could see Mr Cash sitting on his chair in the doorway always ready for any emergency. Many a time I went to see him to get a splinter out or stones out of my knees from falling off my bike onto the bitumen.
Thank you for the memories.

Julie

Serena said...

Oh WOW those fabrics are awesome!!! Love your designs too. PS I wouldn't be surprised if you are a famous designer in hiding. ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh Allie!! I love the stitchery and WOW....do I love that WONDERFUL fabric with your design. Jennifer is such a great designers too!!! Oh my!! You go girl.....Come on!! Let's sew!!
hugs, Terri

Lauranie said...

This one is just as fabulous as the first one!! You are making me want to hand embroider then do some awesome quilt with it and those beautiful fabrics you have!! Oh well, I'll just live vicariously through you for now!!

I think I have that font too...maybe "Broadway"? Godspeed to your son, it looks like you won't be the only one missing him! :D xo

Jennifer Paganelli said...

I love the shot of hermione!! and you love animals!! Makes total sense!!
so glad you like your fabric..enjoy!!

Carrie P. said...

Cute block and the fabric goes perfect with your block. Any ideas on how you are going to set the blocks yet?

Eileen said...

You're right, these fabrics go perfectly with your porthole blocks. Can't wait to see how you put it all together. :-)

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Those fabrics are delish! Love the porthole design - very sweet!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

The porthole stitcheries are just so lovely Allie I have just printed them off ..hope to get them traced tomorrow...love the fabric.

susan m hinckley said...

Those portholes are just darling -- what a charming idea! I'd love to know the creative train of thought that led you there. And you're right, you've found the perfect fabric accompaniment.

I want you to know I would absolutely have taken a picture of the writing on that building. It makes my heart go pitty-pat.

CJ said...

LOVE your portholes! I see so many clever embroidery designs incorporated into quilts - alas I don't embroider. :S This quilt is going to be so pretty with those designs and that fabric!

Carrie P. said...

Just wanted to say congrats on your win over at Darlene's. ( QuiltingDaze)

jan said...

Thanks so much for porthole number two! I had hoped to have number one finished, but I am waaaay behind. Can't wait to get started, though!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Your Portholes are just SO SWEET! They make me long for a relaxing day at the beach. Thanks for sharing. And, the fabric will go just great with them. Looking forward to the next one!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...