Sunday, June 28, 2009

Wonky. It's What I Do.

And how convenient for me that Jenny of Elefantz had stitcheries for it. I can't sew two things together straight to save my life.


But when you're doing stitcheries that are called Wonky Houses, it's like a license to play. And boy did I have fun. I didn't bother worrying that things weren't lining up, I didn't care, it was just pure quilting for pleasure.

I used up all but a teeny, tiny part of that jelly roll - first on the quilt I haven't shown you yet [which isn't done] and the leftovers on this. See the binding? Leftovers. With a couple of inches to spare. Now, it's hanging on my wall with my other Wonky House. I'll have to take a picture of my wall, it's getting a collection of little quilts. I just love little quilts! They cover the nail holes really well.
This isn't one of them, though - it's something I made for my son Sam. Waaaay back when. He loved frogs. I found this saying and it was tailor made just for him.


18 comments:

Shari said...

And very well done on your wonky houses! Very charming. And I just love that frog!! Hilarious! Your son must have just loved it...

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Your wonky houses are charming, and the fabric for sashing is perfect!

jan said...

The Wonky Houses turned out so cute! I really love all the small pieces of different prints.

Mary said...

Ha ha ha! I absolutely LOVE that label. I would certainly scream if I found a frog in my underpants (or anywhere else!). The wonky houses are great too. Congratulations for your ingenious usage of just about every last inch of that jelly roll. I can't wait to see the quilt when it's done too.

Anonymous said...

Wow Allie! I knew it would turn out great....I looooooooove it.
Terri aka gemgardenia

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

It turned out really well, so sweet. I have to admit, I'm a sucker for things that make the most of little pieces, I can never throw away small pieces and always looking for more ways to use them.

Lauranie said...

HOORAY for wonky!! You do it SO well! They are just the sweetest bits of quilty goodness! Show us the quilt wall! xo L

~D Spack~ said...

Hi Allie: I'm glad I found your blog! Jenny sent me here. I really like your wonky houses! Nice job. Hey, I love the stitchery that you did with the palm tree and cute waves! Is it available as a download or what? Thank You.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Omigosh - I LOVE IT!!!! I love the colours, the fabrics, the layout...you have made me so proud to be Wonky's mama!!

Sam's frog hanging is sooooo cute! I laughed with the mind pictures...so like my own Sam. ;-)

Terry said...

Your wonky houses look wonderful all finished up! And I love the frog saying...it's one of my favorites! Enjoy your day! :0)

randi said...

Oh so cute! I love your style!

Serena said...

Amazing, fun, scrappy, teeny tiny, beautiful! Way to use it up! I agree don't mind things meeting just enjoy!!

loulee said...

Great finishing on the wonky houses.

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Too freakin cute, Miss Allie! I love your Wonky quilt! And, the mini for Sam to SO SWEET! You're gifted girlfriend!

Pam in Colorado said...

Just wanted to let you know I'm game on an island too! :)

Rebekah said...

Your wonky house quilt is adorable!

Allie said...

Turned out way cute--you gotta love wonky!

Eileen said...

This is my favorite kind of quilt.. scrappy and spontaneous. One could never get tired of looking at it.:-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...