Thursday, June 18, 2009

Totally Random Rambling

For the past two days, I've been cleaning and re-arranging. A good friend gave me a 4 drawer chest, and it's perfect for fabric storage. I'd much rather open a drawer than Rubbermaid totes when I'm on the frantic hunt for that perfect piece of fabric. Now I'm so sore from trying to make it fit in my sewing room I can't move. Or think. Thank heaven it's on wheels. But nothing else is....



These are some books I'd like to make quilts from. The Whimsical Quilts has a flamingo quilt that I'm dying to make.






Remember, I warned you this would be random. We're having severe storms tomorrow and I may not get my blog fix. I'm too tired to make a lot of sense so you're stuck with this.



This is a tote I made for a contest. The chefs are machine embroidery designs from Ytmar at Retroboulevard.

She's my most favorite machine embroidery designer ever. I had to make the cake myself. It's my favorite kind, no calories.






Just in case you ever wanted to know what I look like, this is me. With contacts and long hair. And reading glasses on top of my head. Bifocals have simplified my life now. Would you LOOK at those circles under my eyes.....I've always had allergy eyes. My boys gave me the grey hair. One side is John's, the other is Sam's. I don't know what the spots are on my shirt - probably cake. The high-calorie kind.









My mom oil paints. She's my favorite oil painter. She did this landscape years ago, and I want it very much. My aunt bought it from her, dang it.







But she did paint me this flamingo for my birthday last year. It looks much better in person. If anyone has any tricks for photographing oil paintings, pass them on. I need them.







Tomorrow I'm going to spend the day drawing. At least that's the plan. But considering that was my plan all week, and it hasn't happened yet, who knows. I hope I get to check in at your blogs tomorrow - cuz I'll miss you fiercely if I can't.

16 comments:

Allie said...

That is a whole lot of talent going on! Wow!
I'm a little jelouse of your quilt books, and cake spots.
:)

Lauranie said...

Lots going on in this post...where to start? A CHEST full of fabric, LOVE IT!! The cake is awesome, is it applique? The hair, so jealous...that is how I want my hair to gray, but my grays have other ideas! I keep saying I am NOT going to dye anymore, but the grays are so unruly! :) The landscape, beautiful...I'd have to fight my Aunt for it, but I like the flamingo too and how nice to have a matching quilt! Hope you have a GREAT drawing day tomorrow!

Mary said...

A chest of drawers is perfect for fabric storage. I found an armoire that is eventually going to be for fabric (lots of drawer space inside). I see the Happy Hour Quilt book - I've got that one too - I'm chomping at the bit to make a queen size perhaps out of batiks. As far as the gray hair goes and allergies, I'm with you there - I raised two daughters. Do I need to say any more? Your Mom is very talented. Hmmm... looks like it runs in the family :o)

Liz said...

I wish I had a chest, but I'm still wallowing in my tubs...I loved the fabric shilouettes book. Have fun with it!

Pam in Colorado said...

I love your Mom's landscape painting. No wonder you want it. Puh on your Aunt for buying it. Perhaps she will give it to you one day!

I want to take painting classes one day. I think that would be a lot of fun.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Oh Gosh - so many random things I want to say...you're beautiful (!), your mother is amazing (!), I want to SEE that chest filled with fabrics, where do I buy calorie free cake (!?), LOVE the bag (!!), understand completely how Sam's can give grey hair. ;-)
Tow hours and my babies fly off. Oh woe to me! (to quote from My Big Fat Greek Wedding), Why they want to leave me?! (to quote from My Big Fat Greek Wedding)....

Rebekah said...

you definitely come from a talented family! I love your "fat free" cake embroidery...and, my husband is totally giving me grey hairs (and vice versa :)

Jenileigh said...

Lots of talent in your family. That oil painting was fabulous! Woweezers!

Hugs and thanks for the tip, I did it, so hopefully now it'll work. :)

Kelly@CharmingChatter said...

So nice to see your shining face--and you're pretty brown eyes! I think the gray must be from kids in general. I have a girl and a boy, and I'm going gray, too. Okay, the Cake Bag is just too cute. I want some of the creativity that runs in your family -- if I eat some of your cake, will I get some -- or will it just go to my thighs?? Can't wait to see what you make with your quilt books! Did you get to draw yesterday?

jan said...

I love when bloggers post a photo! Your mother is very talented! No wonder you are such a crative person!

Serena said...

I have a closet.....with a floor, and a two year old. There is no order here!

I've always thought grey hair is pretty. You sport it quite fabulously. I think as I go grey I'm going to cut it short and let it go wild.

Wonderful watercolors! Wow!

Mary said...

I have the Happy Hour book to make Keith a Flannel quilt for the winter -- there was a sample in the shop and a bundle of flannel fabrics all picked out which made it really easy -- now I just have to finish up some other projects before starting it.

DebMc said...

Wow! I love that tote. You are making me wish my machine could do embroidery.

Thanks for the photo of you...I hear ya about the gray hair. I'm surprised that moms have any hair left somedays.

That painting is incredible. Arm wrestle your aunt for it...

I inherited some nifty quilt books from my sis in law this weekend. I can't wait to get started on some of the projects.

BlueCastle said...

I love your cake tote! That is the best kind of cake. :) I also love that you have your grey hairs divided into which boys gave them to you. My mom says I gave her her grey hair, but what I can't figure out is why she's gotten more and I haven't lived at home for 12 years.

Thank you for your kind comments on my blog. You make my day.

atbquilting said...

Your tote is adorable! Great job on creating the cake.

metrosupialdesigns said...

I've been pulling out my gray hairs. I'm in denial.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...