Saturday, June 6, 2009

Some Beach, Somewhere....

Love that Alan Jackson song. We went to the beach today. It was far too cold to channel Jimmy Buffet though. This is one of our favorite beaches, in Purt Huron, Michigan:
It was FREEZING. And there were little kids in the WATER.
In this next picture, you can see Sarnia, Canada - if you have a passport, the beach over there is truly lovely. This is right where the St. Clair River joins Lake Huron. Lots of freighters come through here.
Here are my freezing cold sons, John and Sam. Notice the hands in the pockets. That's because their hands are cold.

It was warm when we left home. As we got closer to the Lake, it got colder outside. We knew it would, we just didn't know by how much.




But even if it's cold, the beach is my favorite place to play.

14 comments:

jan said...

We had a cool-ish day too. For us it just meant that it was pleasant and not an oven. A cool day at the beach looks very appealing! Even if I had to wear hand-knits to stay warm!

Shari said...

Hot or cold the beach is a great place to visit. The air has so much energy! Hopefully you will get some lovely days at the beach this summer...

PS Give a quilter a cookie and she'll ask for a cup of tea and a jelly roll to go with it... LOL

Cheryl said...

Such beautiful pictures. I am sure some warmth is coming! Nice to find your blog.

Serena said...

What a fun day even if it was freezing. Great to see a pic of your sons!

DebMc said...

Beautiful photos. It is kinda fun to see long pants and coats on the beach.

Oceans intimidate me, I wonder how I'd feel about a great lake?

Mary said...

What beautiful pictures of the scenery (and your handsome boys too)- and you're that close to Canada that you can see it? Wow. I love a cool day at the beach - we hardly ever get "cold" days down here.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

So funny to see your yellow sand, Allie! Ours is snow white, so white it blinds you. I'll miss it. What gorgeous young men!!!

Rebekah said...

We need to get out to the Lake Huron beaches more often! I love the little town of Lexington up in the thumb area

Kelly@CharmingChatter said...

Oh, such a lucky girl to live near a sandy beach! Wish I could be there with ya. And, what handsome (grown-up) boys you have -- bet you're a proud Mama! Good to see you out playing!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Ohhh... that does look cold. Mind you, I always love a beach warm or cold. Love the sea air and the sound of the waves.

swedehearts said...

I can NOT believe those are your boys!! When did they grow up??

I enjoyed your blog! I haven't seen it before.

I'll be back. ;)

Jay's Salt Box Houses said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Niki :-) said...

Thanks for posting my son's button to his prayer blog. hugs!
niki in az

Jenileigh said...

I love the beach too Allie. I surfed through your blog some tonight and I just have to say, I love your quilts. Such talent! Beautiful! Hugs sweet Allie!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...