Sunday, June 14, 2009

So Boring

This week has been oh so busy, but don't ask me with what. Doctors. Rehab. Family stuff. Nothing blog-worthy, that's for sure.

Today I started putting frames on my Wonky Houses. I didn't get far. I also created a custom-made design wall, by finding a large piece of flannel and pinning it to my wall. I had taken down my other one, it was huge and clunky and kept falling on me. Pinning it works just fine, thank you. Nothing fancy about me.





Isn't that a horrible picture? Sigh. I also started placing my blocks for my strawberry jelly quilt. I hate doing that, so I didn't stick with it long. I ended up sitting on my ever-increasing behind and stitching Shabby Roses all day. I did take a break to ride my exercise bike, then I had a huge bowl of ice cream. Life is good.





My son Sam went out with the camera this afternoon. I really, really like these pics, I'm not sure why - maybe I just really like these little flowers. Don't ask me what they are. Or if you know, please tell me. I might have to make a quilt featuring these little flowers. I seem to recall having a machine embroidery design just like them, it's made so you fringe the flowers.



I kind of like how some of the flowers are out of focus. Reminds me of wearing my bifocals around the house. Usually I only wear them to sew, but sometimes I forget I have them on and run downstairs for a cup of tea. And then I have to put my head all the way down to see the stairs...that's a pain. Makes me feel like Mr. Magoo. And the glasses are so thick, I kinda look like him.




Have a great week!



15 comments:

Jenny of Elefantz said...

It's so funny, the things that get a person excited - I recognised some of your fabric as being in my stash too, and it made me so happy to think you and I have some of the same designs to stitch with. :-)

I love those flowers...are they seaside daisies??

Your Wonky is going to be awesome!!

clare's craftroom said...

I like how some of the daisies are out of focus , that is creative !

Lauranie said...

I'm loving the Wonky Houses already!! I have a couple of machine embroidery "fringe" designs and I am SCARED to use them!! Do it and let me know how it goes! :) I love the pictures too, because of the simplicity, maybe try a BW with just the yellow in the middle? HMM, but I also like the varigated leaves in the background...lovely any way!!

Serena said...

Love the wonky houses!

I too went the economical route and simply pinned felt to the wall. I love it and as Michael says it's a changable art piece. Too true!

The daisy pictures are fantastic. I love blurry, semi out of focus pictures sometimes.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Very sweet little flowers. Funny how something so simple can bring so much pleasure.

Kelly@Charming Chatter said...

I love your Wonky House blocks -- keep hoping you'll send them over for Show & Tell -- because they're wonderful. Those flowers are too pretty! I had a busy, unblog-worthy weekend myself. Sigh! And, I'm working on the project from, well, I'll call it the bad place--and, my behind keeps EXPANDING, too! Uuuggghhh! So, I'm with ya, sister!

Jenileigh said...

What a lovely day, gorgeous pics, I too like the way some of the flowers are out of focus. Praying for you, I miss you dear. Stop by my blog sometime. Hugs

Jenileigh said...

Hey, I see you visited me today, thanks Allie, I get lonely over there sometimes! :)

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

I love your wonky house series! It will be a beautiful piece when it's finished!

Jenileigh said...

Allie-I looked in my settings and I don't see how to change that. Hmmmm

susan m hinckley said...

I often eat ice cream after my exercise -- my rule is if you eat something before the sweat is dry, it doesn't count. It's a good rule. And I loved every picture in your post today. I'd love to see your quilts in person!

DebMc said...

The wonky houses are wonderful. Very fun.

I need a design wall, but the room I sew in has funky slanted walls...very hard to hang something from. I need to think on where to put a design wall.

I don't know what your little daisies are, but they are cute. Tell your fella he did a good job with the photography.

jan said...

Love the fabric for the houses! Can't wait to see more photos of the project!

Eileen said...

I'm pretty sure those are Philadelphia Fleabane. Google them and see if that's it. :-) I posted about them a couple weeks ago too!

Pam in Colorado said...

My husband thinks my next glasses will be bifocals. He chuckles when he sees me trying to see above, below and without my glasses. Lighting has to be just right. I really do not want to go to bifocals as I get nauseous really easily and don't want to go through the adjustment period. Plus, I'm only going to be 45 this year!!! For goodness sake I should not have to worry about this for a long time - right?! Egads. ;)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...