Tuesday, June 30, 2009

17 Years - Love Letter to My Son

From the moment you were born, and my eyes met yours, I lost my heart to you forever. You were so tiny, so precious - and nothing had prepared me for the monumental, shattering love I felt for you.



You always looked at the world through your own unique perspective, and taught me to do the same, taking nothing for granted.


And oh, how you loved your daddy - even when he teased you. His arms were the safest place in the world. And you were in them every possible moment.


Such joy and wonder. The tiniest things were a gift. You couldn't learn fast enough, see enough, touch enough.


How proud you were with each new skill. Making daddy's first peanut butter and jelly sandwich - and watching him eat it, with all the pride of a mother hen watching her chicks hatch.



And when your brother came along, and you had to share the limelight, you embraced it. You were always so giving, so sharing, so joyful.


I think you were just very glad to have a built-in playmate.


It was so gratifying to watch you teach him, read to him, show him everything you'd learned, and be his friend.



John darling, I'm so proud to be your mum. I'm thankful beyond words that God gave you to me. I'm humbled that He thought me capable. And I'm so incredibly proud of the man you've become. I love you more than life.


Love, Mom































14 comments:

metrosupialdesigns said...

Beautifully written. We just celebrated my son's fifth!

Jenileigh said...

This brought tears to my eyes.....what love....how precious. Beautiful!!

jan said...

They change our lives and our hearts!

Isabella said...

How beautifull you have such a way with words I buy the card and sign Love Mum :-)

Jenny of Elefantz said...

That's LOVE. God must love you both so much! Happy birthday to your wonderful young man, and happy birth day to his incredible mum. xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Allie, you're such a sweet mom.....hug John for me!
Terri

Terry said...

Awe...reading that was like watching my son grow up all over again! He's only 13 but he still seems grown up to me. Happy birthday to your son! :0)

Dolores said...

Sniff... that was wonderful. My baby girl turns 25 on Thursday. Time passes so quickly. Happy Birthday to your son!

Linda said...

Beautifully written Allie. Happy birthday to your young man.

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

What a sweet testimony. Wishing your son a very happy birthday!

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

What adorable pictures! Such cute little ones! Happy Birthday, John!

Serena said...

How beautiful! I can't believe I'm a day late to this. What kind of blogging friend am I? Happy belated Birthday to your son! What a joy motherhood is and what a beautiful expression of that experience!

Rebekah said...

Happy Belated birthday to your son!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Such a beautiful post!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...