Friday, May 1, 2009

Yay - Secret Project is Done!

Well, almost - just need to add a hanging sleeve. Can't show you yet, not til it's recieved, but here's a sneak peek:

PICT0176 2

This is the first time I've ever quilted something so much, and I'm really disappointed. It got very distorted. I had added the borders before quilting, and spray-basted it together as it's small, and also used a few pins. Crooked as all get-out but I hope she likes it anyway. I'll let you know.

Today I started cutting squares for a quilt for a friend - started at 12:30pm. Got that finished pretty quick, picked out all my bright colors for the quilt for Italy [see post below] and ironed them all. IRONED THEM ALL. [Wipes brow].

PICT0190 2




And then I did this.

PICT0182 2

And I did not stop until midnight, and every single one was cut into a 2 1/2" strip. This wee little pile? Got 10 times bigger. And turned into TWO piles. I have to find a safe place to put them so the cat doesn't try to nest in them.

And now, I'm going to go finish my last Wonky House

PICT0192 2

while watching these.

PICT0193 2

8 comments:

Eileen said...

I really like that quilting at the top.. can't wait to see what it is.

Allie said...

That quilting looks so fun! I want to see the whole thing, I'm no good at waiting!

Shari said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your quilt. And that's a lot of cutting and ironing! Whew! Love the colours...

Serena said...

Murder She Wrote is great for quilting!!! Your surprise looks so exciting! Can't wait!!

Mary said...

Your quilting looks great. There is NO way I could cut that many strips so late into the night! Good for you.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

I really like the crayon in the block, Allie! Blossom would definitely come sew with you while your watching those DVDs - she loves Murder She Wrote!

Lauranie said...

Not knowing what the "secret" is, it kinda looks like a pretty sky. I love the Wonky Houses. So cute! Are you hand embroidering? Such TALENT!!

Blue Castle said...

I love the quilting in your "secret" project. And your Wonky House - so cute! I love doing projects while watching videos. I seem to get more done that way.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...