Sunday, May 3, 2009

Uh-Oh

I have irrefutable proof that housework is hazardous to your health. I was in the kitchen, doing the wifely, momly chore of dishes and cleaning off the counter, when an ALMOST EMPTY bottle of Hershey's syrup fell off the counter onto my pinky toe. My pinky toe that was encased in memory foam slippers. My pinky toe that has a pin in it from surgery, and now tries to cross over my foot to buddy up with my big toe. And now my poor, mishapen pinky toe is broken. At least I think it is - it sure hurts and I'm using crutches and my sewing chair to get around.

Now, we all know that chocolate is not hazardous to your health, in fact it's a vital part of any diet, so I therefore conclude it was the housework. And I should have stayed in the sewing room. Along with this lump

PICT0203 2

who has taken charge of my ironing table and WILL NOT MOVE for any sewing crisis. Those specks you see are catnip. She ain't leaving, my friends.

PICT0202 2

The girl's got mouse.

PICT0201 2

This table is right under the window which is right by a tree that has interesting critters in it. It's one of her favorite spots. The fact that mom has to use it to iron on is just icing on the cake.

I sewed strips together today, using the rail fence pattern. The cutting instructions were to cut strips, 2 1/2" x 6 1/2". They should match, right? When you turn them to make a rail fence? Well, suprise, they don't. I'm not sure what to do next. I'm going to think about it for, oh, maybe a week. Maybe I'll just put a thin white sashing in between them all and forget about things like matching up seams and shaving blocks. I just love thin white sashing. It's so forgiving.

7 comments:

Shari said...

Love your cat - so comfy...

I didn't think rail fences had seams that needed to match... blocks alternate between vertical and horizontal. How about a photo? Or are your blocks not finishing at 6.5" square? That pesky quarter inch seam strikes again?

Shari said...

So sorry about your toe - definitely the hazard is housework and not chocolate... eat the chocolate and you'll feel better. I've heard it works well with painkillers...

Allie said...

Bummer! I'm sorry for your toe! Have an extra chocolate for me.

Serena said...

if you do the sashing it'd be Chinese coins....broke toes are such a pain..I've broken the exact same one twice...very annoying....and yep blame the housework!

Lauranie said...

Housework IS a pain! Thanks for the proof to show my DH!! :) Our cat likes to sit on my husband's keyboard when he is working at the computer!!

AllyJo said...

Allie, I have an Ally too. :) It's nice to meet you. Thank you for stopping by my blog yesterday. All's well that ends well. I'm so happy to find you and see your blog. I LOVE embroidery and quilting. We'll be fast friends, I'm sure. Take care.

Liz said...

As a matter of fact, I should be doing housework right now.

Hope your toe is better soon.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...