Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Progress

Here's a picture of my blocks for the rail fence:

PICT0213

Not sure if you can tell from the pic, but there's a difference in size between horizontal and vertical. Enough of a difference that I'm not comfortable trying to fudge it. So, I'm doing this:

PICT0208

One of my favorite patterns, Chinese Coins. They'll be sashed with white and I think this will be colorful enough for any child. Well, a girl child - apparently I have no boy fabrics at ALL. Which is good, it keeps my boys out of my stash.

I finished coloring my Wonky Houses and I don't like the crayoning.

PICT0210

Or rather, I do like it, but you really have to color it before embroidering. The crayon got all over the floss and I couldn't get a nice edge close to the floss. Markers may have worked a lot better. So, I'm starting over! I have a nice new stack of Murder She Wrote to watch while I work. My toe is still swelling so I HAVE to sit, right? *G*

9 comments:

Shari said...

Wow. That is a big difference. Chinese coins it is! Love, love, love those fabrics! Will be very fresh and cheerful with white.

I'm going to make my wonky houses with fabric instead of stitching it. I must confess I am waiting for the last one before I start. I'm new to embroidery so will find something to practice on...

Rest that foot for sure!

Hugs - Shari

Anonymous said...

Sure looks goos to me...ggg
Terri

Jenny of Elefantz said...

I *love* the blocks coloured!!

Linda said...

I love the colours in your Chinese coin quilt, so bright and fresh.

nicolette said...

I love all the coins quilts I see popping up all over quilting blogland!

Your embroideries are so sweet. What kind of crayons do you use?

Tanya said...

You have a great selection of fabrics there! So bright and fun! The Chinese Coin quilt is going to be beautiful!

Polka Dot Daze said...

That looks so cute!

SewAmy said...

your house blocks look so good.

Terry said...

I used water color pencils on my wonky houses. It adds a bit of color but it doesn't overpower the stitching.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...