Sunday, May 31, 2009

In Love With My Foot






WALKING foot, that is.


The quilt is quilted......




the binding is on. Just have to hand-stitch it to the back. I made the binding from the vintage sheet I used for the back, and I'm loving it so much! I managed to get one side stitched on the back, then stood up, and realized somehow I pulled a muscle in my chest. Time for a break!
I love this machine. I love that I can do a needle-down with the push of a button, and it will stay until I push the button again. And when I stop with needle down, the presser foot automatically raises. Pivoting? No problem. I love the push button thread cutting. And I love the wavy stitch that I always seem to use on quilts - this one matches some wavy lines in the fabric, and I never noticed til I was done! And I really, really love that I don't need to oil it - I never could get the hang of that. With my old Singer, I always got the oil in the wrong spot.
What are your favorite feet and features on your machine?

10 comments:

Jenny of Elefantz said...

Allie, your machine is beautiful! I have a bottom of the line Janome...just waiting for the day when I can buy a *real* machine! ;-)
I love my buttonhole attachment...I am addicted to buttonholes. Really!
Well done with the quilt - soooo pretty!!

Linda said...

There's nothing quite like a good machine to make our job (pleasure) even better and easier. I love the needle down function on my new machine, just bliss.

Rebekah said...

yay! I love using a walking foot, although it's so much louder than a normal foot.

Your machine looks amazing!

Serena said...

Your quilt is so beautiful and your machine looks awesome.

Liz said...

I have a 10 year-old Bernine Quilter's Edition 150 which I bought new. I love it! I love how easy she is to use, how slowly she can sew when I want her to, and the needle down function, too. My favorite feet are my applique foot and my edge stitch foot.

susan m hinckley said...

Your stitcheries are so charming! And I always used to use flannel for my batting as well -- I second everything you said about it.

Now . . . as for sewing machines, mine is a student model Singer that my mom bought for me from a Jr. High they were tearing down when I was in 6th grade . . . so while I envy your lovely machine, I don't think I'd know what to do with such a thing (obviously). Perhaps I'm really only a hand-stitcher because I've never had an actual sewing machine??!!

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

OK, I really like my machine - but now I have machine envy! I still have to learn about the different feet! I went to sew a zipper today and realised, my zipper foot is packed on one of the big boxes that just arrived....

Valerie said...

So what kind of machine is it? I just found your blog through a comment you left on mine. I have added you to my blog list so I won't miss any posts. I hope you are feeling ok. That sounds so painful. Thanks for visiting me. I am going to read some more on your blog before I leave you. So far I love your blog.

DebMc said...

I have a nearly 25 year old Singer that I purchased new...I sold a calf to buy it. The first thing I made on it was bibs for my brand new little boy baby. :0)

My favorite feature on it is the ability to wind a bobbin without removing the bobbin. Just click the plate back, wrap a thread around a knob, and hit the gas. Easy. ( I grew up with a machine that involved standing on your head with your mouth held just so....)

Your machine sounds awesome...the photos are terrific!

I'm sorry to have been MIA from your blog...you have taken to blogging like you've been doing it for years. An entertaining and happy read!

Quilter Kathy said...

I have a Brother and I love that it is not computerized and I don't ever have to figure anything out. It only does a perfect straight stitch and I have no difficulty in working it. I enjoy the needledown feature and always use that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...