Sunday, May 24, 2009

I Entered, Have You?

I sent my entry photo off to Kelly at Charming Chatter, for the Charming Threads First Annual Spring Quilt Show. You can win some awfully nice prizes! I would love to see more people enter this, so take a pic of one of your quilts and send it off to Kelly! There's a link on my sidebar too. Here's the quilt I entered:



Copy of PICT0085



Can you tell I named my blog after this quilt? *G*



I can't believe it took me so long to create this post. I had installed IE 8 last night, and suddenly couldn't copy and paste into my blog. I upload pics to Flickr, then copy and paste the url into my post. But it wasn't working after the "upgrade". I had to uninstall it back to IE7 to get it to work! Crazy. SOMEDAY I'll have a Mac, lol.

Today I worked on prepping my fabric for my Shabby Roses blocks. Tomorrow is my brother's birthday, so I need something to take over there to keep my hands busy. It drives me NUTS to just sit. I have to bake a chocolate cake for him - usually hubby does that, but he's working, so I hope I don't kill us all. I am not a cook. I can open cans and thaw frozen stuff, but that's the extent of my interest in the craft. I do like to eat, though. Especially chocolate cake.

What's that old saying? I only have a kitchen because it came with the house. Well, that's me. I could get rid of the pots and pans and store fabric there instead!

Have a wonderful Memorial Day, everyone!

2 comments:

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

I'm so with you on hating the kitchen! Luckily DH does the cooking (and often the kitchen cleaning) so we don't starve. If he doesn't feel like cooking, he'll usually go out and get takeaway.

Good luck with your chocolate cake though. Just think, you do get to eat it once it's done :)

Tanya said...

I didn't remember that it was Memorial Day.
I'm another one who isn't much for cooking but I try my best to think of it as an expression of love!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...