Friday, April 24, 2009

What I'm Doing Today. [NOT].

How about, what I SHOULD be doing today. Sigh. I know I complain about the cold weather, I know I long for summer......but oh golly it was HOT today. Zapped all my creative energy. Tomorrow will be even warmer. Looks like we've skipped spring and gone straight to summer! Here's what I SHOULD'VE been doing today......



PICT0161 2



Digitizing for embroidery.



PICT0159 2



Ironing and cutting squares for my girlfriend Kathy's quilt.



PICT0157 2



Stitching out some more blocks for hubby's quilt. Yes, I was going to paint it, and got four blocks done, but I'm tired of that and changed my mind. He'll have to live with whatever puckers are left after quilting. [Please ignore the jump threads - I haven't cut them yet.]



PICT0154 2



Working on my Wonky Houses blocks. Jenny is starting another BOM and I am so behind. I started to crayon this one [not sure you can tell in this oh-so-bad photo] and I like it. So when I'm all done stitching, and wash out the blue marker, I'll color them in. FUN. I'm going to work on this tonight while I watch dvd's of Murder She Wrote.



PICT0151 2



And last, a secret project for a friend. I hope it comes out the way it is in my head. If it doesn't, that's ok, she doesn't know anything about it. *G* Aren't surprises fun?



So what AM I doing today? Sitting mindlessly in front of the computer, reading blogs, and going to a quilt show at Amy's. With the fan blowing right on me, of course.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Sounds like you guys got our heat wave. It was 92 here yesterday. Freaking 92!!! My mom is still in Toledo and she said it was really nice there today. Enjoy it! We're sending 50's your way next. :)

Serena said...

Love the embroidery and can't wait to see what your surprise turns out looking like....

nicolette said...

Love to see all those bits and pieces of embroidery patterns.

Patricia said...

You are soooooooooooo creative, dear Allie. You know, I still have all the gifts you sent my way years ago out where I can see them. Except, of course, the fall leaves, which only come out in, well, the fall. =)

We have had the a/c on down here for weeks. I HATE summer. We ought to consider trading places for a year - if only Louis would get the sand out of his shoes. He says that is why we won't ever leave Florida. *sigh*

Liz said...

Hot sounds wonderful. I think we might have hit 40 on the island today...

Eileen said...

It's unseasonably warm here too.. but I'm not minding it too much.. yet.
Ok.. the embroidery digital thing.. so you take these vintage transfers and somehow put them into your machine? I think that is so awesome. I have tons of these old transfers, but would never really want to iron them to use because I don't want to wear them out. There are some really wonderful ones.
Love the sneak peek of your friend's quilt. :-)

Lauranie said...

Hey Allie...at least you are ORGANIZED with what you are supposed to be doing!! I have a list like that too, but only in my scattered-brain! Maybe I should take pictures and post it because then it would be staring my in the face!! HA!
That digitizing stuff scares me, because I KNOW IT IS TIME CONSUMING! Just downloading and organizing designs takes me all day!! Are you going to sell your designs? That would be awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...