Wednesday, March 25, 2009

My Quilt Companion



This is a quilt I just finished for a dear friend. His name is Russell and he's 14 years old. He has a brain tumor and is in the hospital right now. He loves surfing, so I added some surfboards. The very light blue blocks have bible verses written on them - I was going to do them in machine embroidery, but my embroidery machine isn't working properly. All the verses have to do with water.






This is Hermoine. She is my constant companion. Her favorite place is on whatever quilt I'm working on - I'm sure lots of you can relate! We also have a dog, Abby. I can't seem to find a picture of her. OOPS. Yes, I'm a cat person. I suppose I'll have to get a picture of the dog one of these days!
I'm still trying to figure out posting on blogger. This is fun! At least it will be if my post lines up properly, lol!









5 comments:

Eileen said...

This is really beautiful. I hope they can shrink the tumor so he can get back on his surf board!
Welcome to blogland.. I'll be back to visit
:-)

DebMc said...

Lovely quilt for Russell. What a wonderful way to bless others with your passion for quilting.

And the kitty....our little cat, Rascal, loves to help me sew. Especially when I'm hand stitching. Do you know how hard it is to stitch with paws in your way?

Purpleflowerpatch said...

Allie, Russell will be in my prayers. What a special gift that quilt must be.
My daughter had a cat very much like yours and his name was Crookshanks. ;-) We had to give him away though as he always sprayed on my 16yo son's bed. We got her a pup after that and she adores him.

Randi said...

The quilt is wonderful...I'm so sorry it's for such a sad reason. Lifting Russell up in prayer.

Candied Fabrics said...

Yes - it's a very sad reason, but a lovely quilt! I'm sure it was a real comfort for him.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...