Friday, March 27, 2009

I went to lunch yesterday with my friend Kathy. We stopped first at our local thrift store, and I found some bargains. The first picture is a couple of books I had to have - the red one is a sewing book from 1943, and has everything including how to make underwear for the family. Somehow I don't think THAT'S going to happen - but it's a lovely book, nonetheless.








Look at those illustrations - lovely! I don't know anyone who has a figure like that, but it's nice to dream.




The second book has lots of cute crafts. I'm loving the mushroom pincushions on spools of thread.




Then I found a vintage tablecloth. Please ignore the wrinkles, it needs washing and pressing. Then it'll go in the cupboard with all the other tablecloths that needed to be rescued.




The flamingo fabric is really children's jammies. The label is Nick and Nora - I love their stuff. I'm a flamingo nut, so these had to come home with me, although they're a wee bit small. *G*





And lastly, a purse that will really come in handy at the American Sewing Expo in September. Nothing like planning ahead. It's leather, and has loops on the back so you can wear it on a belt. I don't wear a belt. Maybe I can clip my keys to the loops.



I spent a whopping $10. My kind of shopping.
My friend Russell isn't doing well. I'll post the update from his care page here. Please pray for his family.....I cannot imagine what they're going through.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The mysteries of God
In opening this message, some facts seem appropriate… (1) Our family could not have endured our journey to this point without the outpouring of love, care, and tenderness from those of you who read these CarePages. (2) Our family will forever be changed, for the good, because of this journey. (3) God has ordained and guided Russell’s life for a greatness and deep lasting effect on our family and friends that cannot be fully explained in words today.

Unless God decides a different course in these remaining hours, Russell is going to be with Him very soon. It has been difficult beyond words to tell Russell there is nothing else we can do to “protect” him from leaving us. It is heartbreaking and unforgettable. There is no doubt we are all at peace (including Russell) about where Russell is going and that he will be there waiting for us. But the separation of the moment and the sadness of what Russell will miss, with us, on earth is a bit overwhelming right now. God knows of course, what it is like to lose a son and He knows the glory of the big picture. We are praying for His strength to help us endure the sadness and walk through this chapter in our lives. There is a joy and peace that passes our understanding, in knowing the Lord’s goodness and larger loving plan is beneath our sadness.

The neurology assessment based on all the brain wave data collected yesterday is that Russell is completely paralyzed on his right side and the remaining brain areas have profound and irreversible damage caused by the tumor and the 40+ minute seizure the night before. The doctors have exhausted their knowledge and skills. The Lord will decide where Russell goes from here. Unless God provides differently it is expected that shortly Russell’s body will be unable to sustain itself. Most everyone in the family is here at the hospital together and although we are torn up that Russell will soon be gone, we are at peace knowing he will be free of pain and standing aside Jesus joyously awaiting all of us.

Your prayers, love, and care continue to be so valuable.





No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...