Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Buttercup Buttercup

My gosh what a gloomy day. I had to run my mum down to the water dept - she was on shut-off. I don't know how she does it, she's the queen of the last minute. It did finally stop raining though, and we even saw a peek of sun.
By the way, if you like to drive your Rav4 through great big puddles, close your sunroof first. Just sayin'.






I made this bag yesterday.
http://madebyrae.blogspot.com/2009/02/free-buttercup-bag-sewing-pattern.html

If anyone can tell me how to add a link, and use a word instead of the whole link, I would greatly appreciate it!


Anyway, this bag went together very quickly and easily - great pattern! I like zippers in my purses though, so I added one.








I also used vintage buttons - one on the front, and one each on the handles. The pic of the handles didn't turn out, it's SO dark today. At least it wasn't snowing. Apparently that won't happen until the weekend.
Have a lovely evening!



5 comments:

DebMc said...

LOVE the bag! I may have to try my hand at making one as fresh and fun as yours.

To use a word instead of the long internet addy....when writing your blog, write the word or name you want to use and highlight it. Now, look at the tool bar for a hyper-link symbol. It will look a little like a small chain link. Open that and insert the blog addy you want.

It took me a while to figure it out, too!

Allie said...

Thanks Deb, can't wait to try it!!!

Eileen said...

This is the cutest bag. Good idea to add the zipper, and I love the vintage buttons! I have a couple of patterns here that I keep wanting to try.. plus I'm going to go check out that link. :-) I see you got some good directions how to fix it.

clicketyclak said...

Hey Allie -

Great job on that Buttercup purse. It really turned out cute. Love the fabric. Now you need to do the one from Lazy Girl Designs that I posted.

Wish I didn't have to work, I would be making purses each day.

Hmm time to upload some items on ETSY.

Hugs!

Donna

Shelly said...

Allie, I love this! I am a purse nut. Instead of shoes, I like purses, such as this. You should have put something like that in the raffle. lol

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...